I have learnt that i lack certain feelings and emotions..

KF81

On 2016-08-31 at 1:24 AM, LunarSeas said:

I just looked up relationship anarchy, and it really makes sense to me. Thanks for a new term!

I'd never heard of it either. It describes very much how I'd like all my close relationships to be.
The problem is that the only people who seem to want anything different than a standard platonic friendship are those who are longing for a romantic partner in their life and wants someone to feel the void.

13 hours ago, Holmbo said:

I'd never heard of it either. It describes very much how I'd like all my close relationships to be.

Relationship anarchy is also the only concept I have come across which specifically dosn't place romance (and romantic relationships) on a pedestal.

As well as the possibility that alloromantics can value non romantic relationships.

13 hours ago, Holmbo said:

The problem is that the only people who seem to want anything different than a standard platonic friendship are those who are longing for a romantic partner in their life and wants someone to feel the void.

This, unfortunately, very much matches my own experience.

With alloromantic people (and amantonormative culture) rarely able to see that "platonic friends" or "romantic partner" is a false dichotomy in the first place.

• 1 year later...

oh yeah, equally as confused over here...

My friend just broke up with his girl friend a few weeks ago. We were talking the other day and he was saying he'd been 'girl hunting' (which means he goes and tries to make friends with girls he doesnt know and finds (physically/sexually) attractive).

Like seriously? Why?

Archived