Myers Briggs

Confirmed Bachelor

On 17/07/2016 at 1:02 PM, aussiekirkland said:

I guess I'm the only INFJ here? Figures, as it is the rarest type. I'm a fan of MBTI, it has the fun of astrology but with accuracy. I've done the test a couple of times over the years and have gotten the same result every time so I'm pretty confident with it (the analysis are also very accurate, since my I and N bars are very strong in the test results)

No, you aren't alone :) 

I'm very intuitive, for the rest I'm moderate (I was INTP when I was younger), and I'd say I'm more ambiverted than introverted as I'm just really shy IRL.

I don't take the test very seriously, but I've noticed that there are some profiles that I appreciate more as friends, and some other profiles more compatible as coworkers. It's a fun way to make teams !

• Like 1

INFP here.

Very interesting how common INTJ's are here, considering how rare they are pretty much everywhere else. Not surprised that nearly everyone here is an introvert though.
:)

• Like 3

On 22/07/2016 at 2:15 AM, SoulWolf said:

INFP here.

Very interesting how common INTJ's are here, considering how rare they are pretty much everywhere else.

One interesting thing, which was recently pointed out to me on another forum, is that there are personality traits these tests are not even intended to measure.
In that case those connected to relationship orientation. But they may also not address sexual or romantic orientation.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

INTP - 4 of 5 times I taken the test.

Narrow interests and a feeling of being an actress in ones own life. 3% of world population.. seems common here :)

Ambivert, no longer introvert grounded in shyness or lack of friends.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2016 at 11:03 AM, endergirlc said:

ENTP, does this make me the first extrovert? lmao

YOOOOOOO MY PEOPLE (also ENTP)

Not that I take the test especially seriously either. It was a decent attempt at the impossibly complex task of quantifying who someone is. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ENTJ

On 2017-01-30 at 6:28 AM, James said:

YOOOOOOO MY PEOPLE (also ENTP)

Not that I take the test especially seriously either. It was a decent attempt at the impossibly complex task of quantifying who someone is. 

Team extroverts!

About the test

Spoiler

I find it too difficult to keep track of all the personality types in Myers briggs to really use it for people in real life.

There's another more simple scale which is sort of based on the four temperaments which I find more useful. It works by categorizing people along two axis extroverted - introverted and focus on objects and logic - focus on feelings and relationship. This divide people into four categories. Of course it's very generalizing, and people can have different personalities in different settings (for example on work or at home) but it helps me keep in the back of my head which people might not appreciate my very red personality (the four categories can be named after colors).

• Like 2

On 29/01/2017 at 7:18 PM, Navoto said:

Ambivert, no longer introvert grounded in shyness or lack of friends.

I'm an ambivet, something like 60:40 E:I.

Though Myers Briggs tests only ever show me as an I.

I'm also very shy, with shyness being frequently confused with introverstion, including by many so called experts.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mark said:

I'm an ambivet, something like 60:40 E:I.

Though Myers Briggs tests only ever show me as an I.

I'm just like you.. simply too withdrawn during times when I'm by myself to ever get measured as an Extrovert.

• Like 1

I'm XNXP.

And I'm not a big fan Myers-Briggs types, because a) the Myers-Briggs scale isn't very well validated scientifically, and b) all four 'dimensions' that the Myers-Briggs measures are normally distributed, meaning that most people are right near the border on most traits and the classification as (for example) extrovert or introvert depends on only a couple points difference in score. Hence why I used the Xs above for the two dimensions that I scored close to 50% on.

I prefer the Big Five test.

My own scores:

Openness - 90th percentile (creativity, curiousity and intelligence)  

Conscientiousness - 2nd percentile (organization and planning) 

Extraversion - 83rd percentile (basically the same as the Myers-Briggs scale) 

Agreeableness - 32nd percentile (getting along with others easily)

Neuroticism - 96th percentile (emotional instability and susceptibility to negative emotions)

• Like 2