Identity Symbols

On 12.9.2016 at 5:44 PM, Saber_Wing said:

I guess I identify with the colors more than an actual symbol. Well, that's not entirely true. I like the bow and arrow for aromanticism, and an ace of spades is fine for asexual. If it were me, I'd probably make the shirt itself black, or maybe dark green, and then color the symbols with the remaining color motifs. I'm more of a dark colors kind of person though. Most of the shirts I've seen are all white, or gray, and I'm not really down for that, so if you designed a different one, I'd be interested in buying one

I'm definitively a dark color person, too =D 
Right now I'm busy with university and freelancing and shit. I'm almost at the end of my studies and I have a sweet gig were I get to illustrate a card deck right now, which is super awesome. But I haven't abandoned this idea! And if I get around to it I'll probably do small illustrations of what you guys suggested and put it on sites like Society6, were everybody can chose their shirt color themselves =)

I also got mad witch aesthetics so I'm already picturing one motive with a deer skull pierced by an arrow! But alas, we'll see =D keep the ideas and associations coming!

• Like 6

I think I'd like a T shirt with a Koi carp on it, for... akoiromancy *bdum-tish* xD it can have all the lith flag colours, too, since Koi carps are usually pretty colourful anyway. But it probably would be a bit too obscure for others to recognise, unless the design had very obvious elements worked in. I think it would look nice on a lot of different coloured shirts (black, purple etc)

• Like 5

On 11/14/2016 at 11:28 PM, Kojote said:

I also got mad witch aesthetics so I'm already picturing one motive with a deer skull pierced by an arrow! But alas, we'll see =D keep the ideas and associations coming!

Yesss please. 

Or maybe a deer faun person with a bow and arrows? would be so cool.

• Like 1

I drew these during the Inktober challenge. For those who don't know, that's an art challenge that uses ink as the medium. I did a small sketch a week under the theme "hunted". I could go in this direction for one shirt, and in a more "tame" direction (f.exp. Papos or the Koi) for another =)

WARNING for mild gore and my cat! 

Spoiler

14608726_1192033170843342_5498897647901714876529_1210337469012912_1797693473449214570745_1204641872915805_23558772051573

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I suggest a representative symbol for aromantics only: a heart of ice.

A heart of ice can be melted, but it takes time! (a strong bond takes time to form!)

A heart of ice is only melted (opening up, becoming warm towards people who prove themselves trustworthy), but doesn't catch fire! ("falling in love" = fire)

Also, such a heart is not made of stone ;). (we are NOT unfeeling!)

• Like 8

On 12/09/2016 at 5:58 PM, Philbo Wiseroot said:

I'm the same with colours over symbols. Aro green all the way! More subtle too - for most people, green is green, but for aces, purple is significant, etc.

I'm with you :)

On 02/05/2017 at 7:42 PM, Ice Queen said:

Has a green rose already been suggested by anyone?

I love how this plays on romance :D

• Like 2

On 5/15/2017 at 11:38 AM, SamwiseLovesLife said:

I think this on a T-shirt, like @shotinthehand's profile picture..

iq0exYa.jpg

The Umbrella could even be in the Aromantic flag colours :D

Haha! I love my profile picture. My friend Aidan pulled it up on his camera roll once and I told him he needed to send it to me immediately so I could set my Arocalypse profile photo to it. 

On 11/16/2016 at 3:18 PM, Kojote said:

I drew these during the Inktober challenge. For those who don't know, that's an art challenge that uses ink as the medium. I did a small sketch a week under the theme "hunted". I could go in this direction for one shirt, and in a more "tame" direction (f.exp. Papos or the Koi) for another =)

WARNING for mild gore and my cat! 

Hide contents

14608726_1192033170843342_5498897647901714876529_1210337469012912_1797693473449214570745_1204641872915805_23558772051573

Ah! I can't see them on my computer! :(

• Like 1

Still alive. Still kept busy by live. Almost done with studies though. Once I got a stable home/income/dailyrountine kinda thing going, I'll come back to these. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2017 at 11:42 AM, Ice Queen said:

Has a green rose already been suggested by anyone?

And so the second war of the roses began, this time between the remnants of the Tudor house and the righteous legions of the servants of Papo.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I have one with a heart with the flag stripes in it.  and I've been pushing the idea of pie as a symbol for aromanticism, you know, since the aces have cake.  and pie is my favourite dessert.