Identity Symbols

Too bad that aces have taken all the card suits, they should have left clubs and diamonds for us. The only other well known card suits are probably the Tarot suits (swords, wands, cups, coins) but using those would be weird.

28 minutes ago, DeltaV said:

Too bad that aces have taken all the card suits, they should have left clubs and diamonds for us. The only other well known card suits are probably the Tarot suits (swords, wands, cups, coins) but using those would be weird.

What are the clubs and diamonds used for? o. o

oops, I've noticed that ... we're repeating essentially the discussion from a year ago in this thread:

On 7/13/2016 at 9:26 PM, Cassiopeia said:

Not really, for  aces is great because of the play with the words.

If you really want, we could use tarot cards? But I don't see it necessary to copy the ace symbolism

• 1 month later...
On 17/07/2017 at 5:39 AM, DeltaV said:

oops, I've noticed that ... we're repeating essentially the discussion from a year ago in this thread:

I noticed that reading through!

Personally I think just the colour scheme and an arrow. I saw a great picture of a dragon hugging an arrow as a representation of aromantics, though I think it was the old flag with the yellow stripe... 

as long as the only colours on the image are the greens, white, gray and black with an arrow somewhere it would be kind of obvious and interesting if you were searching for it. The you can do almost anything. An aro coloured rainbow with arrows of sunlight! 

Stripes of colour would be easier to recognise as I just had the thought of a t-shirt I saw of a hunter in camo with a crossbow which would technically fit my idea above of just a colour scheme. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2017 at 12:00 PM, Blackscarlet666 said:

I bought my white ring yesterday for my ring finger. its not like marriage is a likely option. I plan on getting an arrow tattoo of some sort, too. just looking for the right one now 

What's a white ring for? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blackscarlet666 said:

like the asexuals have a black ring on their middle finger because its the absence of color I think white works for aromantics fairly nicely 

Oh, I had heard that a black ring on the left middle finger was for aromantics ?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 9/28/2017 at 8:39 AM, hodges2 said:

Oh, I had heard that a black ring on the left middle finger was for aromantics ?

I heard the same! As much as I like the overall aesthetic of arrows, in the world of tattoos/symbols, there is a huge variety of meaning/symbolism already attached to arrows. For me personally, I kind of wanted to get something to represent my aro identity without people making assumptions about it (ie. "oh look, another basic arrow tattoo - it means something like following your heart amirite??"). So I got a small circle tattooed on my left middle finger - it's simple, cute, and so far has been a good way to start a conversation about arom and the spectrum. 

Overall though (and speaking in terms of tattoos), I think as long as a symbol represents aro-spec to you, its an aro symbol. More generally speaking though, I like the green heart idea...

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Well, not exactly a symbol, but more like a way of representing aromanticism with the help of art. Just a product of my strange imagination xD. I think it would be cool if I could pose  for some photographs in a mysterious setting, wearing a long, fancy dark green dress + matching lipstick, and holding a bouquet consisting of green and yellow roses xD. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2016 at 11:44 AM, Saber_Wing said:

I guess I identify with the colors more than an actual symbol. Well, that's not entirely true. I like the bow and arrow for aromanticism, and an ace of spades is fine for asexual. If it were me, I'd probably make the shirt itself black, or maybe dark green, and then color the symbols with the remaining color motifs. I'm more of a dark colors kind of person though. Most of the shirts I've seen are all white, or gray, and I'm not really down for that, so if you designed a different one, I'd be interested in buying one :)

I also identify with the colors more than the symbols, and I think a shirt in the colors is slightly more invisibility cloak-like, because if somebody sees a symbol they might ask you what it means or something, but usually people outside of the queer community won't recognize the colors or will think they represent something. Personally, I will feel safer wearing a shirt with the aro colors. Maybe as stripes inside a shape?

• 1 year later...
On 7/13/2016 at 11:06 AM, Kojote said:

@Cassiopeia
I'm a bit concerned about the black triangle due to.. well... reasons... How important a symbol is it? It's included in the pride flags, but I remember that there's a lesbian flag version with stripes and gradients, like most of them.

@Louis Hypo Since the orientation of sexual aro's vary, I'd rather not include "sex symbols" in general (which shouldn't be a phallus anyway xD). I'm probably more prone to make "one identity per Shirt" Designs anyway.

If I remember right, the cards were: 

- Spades - Aro 

- Heart - Romantic Ace

- Diamond - Demi 

- Clubs - Gray

I don't know who coined them. I know they are meant for Aces, but I wonder if they can be used outside of this context. Would you say a spade/club or diamond could be used by non-aces? 

The problem  allosexual people using the cards that that ace people use  them because of the name "ace." it doesn't make sense to  use unless you are acespec