UK Meet Up

Since there are quite a few people on here from the UK it seems obvious that we should try to have a UK meet up. I know I've talked to some people about it and I think some suggested a meet up during Aromanticism Awareness Week, but other than that nothing has been put forward yet. So, who would like to come to a meet up? Let's get the ball rolling.

• Like 3

Like I said in chat, I can't travel far 'cause of money and being in a bad area for trains at the moment (but maybe next year when I'm at uni, although that's a while off yet)

If there's anyone in West Midlands area, I might be able to meet up you :) 

As for a wider UK meet, guess it depends where we all live, but somewhere like London would probably be the most popular place.

3 hours ago, Simowl said:

As for a wider UK meet, guess it depends where we all live, but somewhere like London would probably be the most popular place.

Yeah, I was thinking either London or Manchester would probably work best for a wider UK meet up

I probably cant be there, due to my limited income, but I know someone from german who goes to uk pretty often (London more specific) who might be interesteed.

I think an UK meet up is really awsome, I would like to spread the word.

btw. in my experience its best to make a day official in good time before the meet up so there are more people who have the chance to join, and then remind them.

23 hours ago, Simowl said:

If there's anyone in West Midlands area, I might be able to meet up you :)

I'll be in Wolvo soon if that's in any way convenient - but right now London is my best option.

• Like 1

At some point I'm going to look at a calender so I can find a date to put forward. I'm thinking it can't be this summer because that's too soon for anyone wanting to take time off work, so maybe in the winter? Also, since people seem to be from a bit more north generally, maybe Manchester would be better than London.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Louis Hypo said:

I'm from Brighton so Manchester would be very far and London would be much more available.

Oh no! Why are you making this difficult for me Louis :P

I know I should just commit to something so people can properly figure out if they can come or not and make plans, etc. but I also want everyone who can to come. I mean, there's no reason why there should only be one meet up ever so people can always come to a later one. (I probably shouldn't have tried to organise this, I'm terrible at this stuff xD)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

It would be really nice to meet up, and I would be able to travel down to London by train from the North East, I've never been to Manchester, but I would consider going there for a meetup as well, because I don't think it's as far. I wouldn't go further down than London, despite being from Kent. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've only just found this site! I'm near Liverpool and due to health limitations not particularly mobile, though on a good day Manchester might be possible. I already meet with my Liverpool ace group (I'm aro ace) and I've just authorised an aro non-ace person to join the group so I'm hoping I'll meet her at some point in a future meet. But if something here gets organised I'd like that. I'll also mention it to this other girl.