Emails going to spam?

owl

Emails going to spam/junk folders  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just noticed that some of my notification emails from this site have gone to the junk folder. I didn't have this issue a while ago, but it seems to have happened now. I don't think that as a site, there's much that can be done, but I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. If it seems to be widespread issue, it's probably something worth noting when users sign up :)

Also, what email service are you using? (I was gonna put this in the poll but I feel like there might have been too many options if the answer also had to specify you were having this problem or not..)

I'm personally using Outlook.

I use Outlook on my web browser. I've never had any issue with emails going to my spam folder. I don't check my emails that often, so I've set it so all my notifications (except PMs) stay on this site. It's just easier for me that way.

9 minutes ago, deltaX said:

I don't have this problem, but I also have my settings don't get any emails from the site. :P

To be honest, I don't even know why I set it so that PMs get sent to my email. I check this site about 10x more often than my emails.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Zemaddog said:

To be honest, I don't even know why I set it so that PMs get sent to my email. I check this site about 10x more often than my emails.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's why I didn't sent up emails.  I signed up to this site with my hotmail account, which is basically a junk email that I only check like one a week at the most.

1 minute ago, deltaX said:

That's why I didn't sent up emails.  I signed up to this site with my hotmail account, which is basically a junk email that I only check like one a week at the most.

I used my "proper" email. I say "proper" cause it's the email I use most, and I have a spam email, but I really need to get a new email address cause this one is cringy. I actually have 13 unread emails from this site; all of them PMs, and most of them are from danny (I did actually read the messages just not the emails). Maybe I should just set it so that I don't get any emails from here.

Archived