Share your Talents!

Zema

I draw sometimes!

Spoiler

urhast81_5a36a7df9606ee0198820284.png

This is fanart of a horse from a game that I play, so the background is from the game. It's still a work in progress, so changes are definitely going to be made whenever I feel up to it (especially the ears, they're Not Good). This is my first ever digital drawing since getting a drawing tablet and my first drawing in several months, so all things considered, I'm pretty pleased with it.

This is another drawing with a background from the same game:

gata349_5a367486e087c34a76e003e7.png

I love drawing horses, as you can probably tell.

I used to write a lot as well.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Talents? I don't really have any right now. I do want to write song parodies and fanfiction though. If anyone has a song they want parodied, feel free to tell me. As for fanfiction, I plan on writing mostly gen (no romance) fanfiction.

On 3/24/2018 at 1:28 AM, mythlady said:

I do want to write song parodies and fanfiction though.

I love fanfiction!! (insider joke)

On 3/24/2018 at 1:28 AM, mythlady said:

I plan on writing mostly gen (no romance) fanfiction.

If you have written one, would you post a link? After all, the rules of the thread: :D

On 6/16/2016 at 9:23 AM, Zemaddog said:

If you're an artist, post one of your pieces! If you're a writer, post a link to something you've written! What ever it is, I want to see it!

Here's a drawing I'm working on:

Spoiler

ubq0unA.png

(...I. I swear I didn't mean to make it look like Abbacchio's about to murder Jotaro. He's just trying to go somewhere. I'm sorry. He just looks Like That he's goth and he hates everyone idk what to tell you)

I also write a lot of fanfiction. And I know a lot of people will roll their eyes and not consider that a talent or even something to be proud of, but I put my heart and soul into my work, and I should hope I put in just as much effort as any """""real""""" author. I spend hours researching the tiniest details to ensure accuracy of setting, right down to things like bus routes in Tokyo or what TV shows were popular in Egypt in 1988. I think hard about my plots, try to make them interesting and well written, and I pride myself on doing my best to portray characters accurately. I write mainly comedy or dark fantasy drama, and I love writing fight scenes! If anyone's interested in reading my fics, you can find them here.

I need to get on that fanfic writing! Erm...does it matter what the fandom is for the fanfic? I would like to vid too, but I can't afford to right now... As for fic, I should crack down on writing that team as family/family of choice Weiss-centric RWBY fic.

On 3/27/2018 at 3:49 AM, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Here's a drawing I'm working on:

I like that shirt.

On 3/27/2018 at 3:49 AM, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

I also write a lot of fanfiction. And I know a lot of people will roll their eyes and not consider that a talent or even something to be proud of, but I put my heart and soul into my work, and I should hope I put in just as much effort as any """""real""""" author. I spend hours researching the tiniest details to ensure accuracy of setting, right down to things like bus routes in Tokyo or what TV shows were popular in Egypt in 1988. I think hard about my plots, try to make them interesting and well written, and I pride myself on doing my best to portray characters accurately.

:$

Sadly I don't know any of the stuff you based your fanfics on…

Now, I thought that always just criticizing is so easy (damn, Roosevelt is way too dramatic … oh criticizing again), I should create something myself! So I can be at the receiving end of criticism for once! :D But I don't think anyone would have the patience to read a story written by me, so … drawing! Ah, it has been a long time since I've drawn anything…

Spoiler

usRYd5r.png

Fanfiction

or

Aromantic, Potteresque, Vulcan, curiously fanged Twilight-vampiric Jedi-Pikachu attacked by Copyright

… now everybody knows: I absolutely cannot draw. xDxD

1 hour ago, DeltaV said:

Or, did you just create the optimal marketing chimera-beast?! A perfect creature, simultaneously appealing to all key demographics! (even aros, yay :aropride:). Albeit more than a little disturbing in its appearance... O.o (And why the apple?)

4 hours ago, DeltaV said:

I like that shirt.

:$

Sadly I don't know any of the stuff you based your fanfics on…

Now, I thought that always just criticizing is so easy (damn, Roosevelt is way too dramatic … oh criticizing again), I should create something myself! So I can be at the receiving end of criticism for once! :D But I don't think anyone would have the patience to read a story written by me, so … drawing! Ah, it has been a long time since I've drawn anything…

Reveal hidden contents

usRYd5r.png

Fanfiction

or

Aromantic, Potteresque, Vulcan, curiously fanged Twilight-vampiric Jedi-Pikachu attacked by Copyright

Aw, I like that drawing! Absurdity of the subject matter aside, I think it's pretty well done tbh. I like the cartoony style ?

22 hours ago, NullVector said:

even aros, yay :aropride:

it's a very difficult situation for a Twilight vampire to be aromantic, believe me.

22 hours ago, NullVector said:

And why the apple?

See here (btw, what is the mystery why some images can be embedded and some not?).

Twilight seems like a tough nut to crack. Is there anything really specific about it? The defanged vampires just look like normal humans with vitamin D deficiency. And a red apple is just a … red apple. So it seems one would need to capture the typical Twilight-aesthetics and I'm not a “good enough artist” (xD) for that.

But Twilight cannot be ignored! Any suggestions? ;)

19 hours ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Aw, I like that drawing! Absurdity of the subject matter aside, I think it's pretty well done tbh. I like the cartoony style ?

Thank you, the cartoony style comes from the fact that I'm unable to draw anything with remotely realistic proportions. :)

4 hours ago, DeltaV said:

But Twilight cannot be ignored! Any suggestions? ;)

I mean, you could go werewolf-esque, as opposed to vampire-esque? Werewolves are a twighlight thing too, IIRC, and probably easier to capture visually? #teamjason xD

On 3/30/2018 at 10:25 PM, NullVector said:

Werewolves are a twighlight thing too, IIRC, and probably easier to capture visually?

same problem with the “werewolves” (shape-shifters): unspecific humans in human-form, unspecific wolves in wolf-form. xD

Fun fact: Stephenie Meyer has revealed a few days ago that she thought of aromanticism when she named Aro “Aro”. I don't see the connection, but whatever.

• 3 months later...

Apparently me able to balance books on my head is a talent, according to all the people who come up to me when I'm casually balancing them on my head in the halls of my school.

Personally, I just think it's because I have a flat area on my head, but whatever.

I obsessively draw dragons (and only dragons), so I've gotten decent at that, I guess?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a knack for making sculptures out of pipe cleaners. It seems to really impress people.

The pictures rotated themselves when I pasted them, and I couldn't get them to go back so I guess just turn your head 90 degrees to the left!

Simple Dragonfly

0?ui=2&ik=6d0d52399e&attid=0.1&permmsgid

Rose

0?ui=2&ik=6d0d52399e&attid=0.3&permmsgid

Lil' Squeakers

0?ui=2&ik=6d0d52399e&attid=0.5&permmsgid

Cat

0?ui=2&ik=6d0d52399e&attid=0.7&permmsgid

0?ui=2&ik=6d0d52399e&attid=0.9&permmsgid

Crocodile

0?ui=2&ik=6d0d52399e&attid=0.11&permmsgi

0?ui=2&ik=6d0d52399e&attid=0.13&permmsgi

I don't use glue or anything, and all the parts are moveable, so you can open and close the jaw, and make the legs longer or shorter, take out an eye, etc.

I'm also pretty good at studying, video games, writing stories and guitar.

Archived