DannyFenton123

Aromantic Moments

I think I was in 4th or 5th grade when Titanic came out and all the girls were obsessed with it.  My friends kept dragging me to see it while it was in theaters for way too long, and I remember all my friends talking about how it was so romantic that Jack gave up his spot (and life) on the floating wood to save Rose’s life.  But I distinctly remember being mad at Rose and Jack because to me it was simple, that piece of wood was certainly big enough to keep them both moderately floating until help arrived.  I thought Jack was stupid and Rose was selfish and uncaring.  If they really loved each other in any sort of way, even platonically, they would have tried to do what was best for both of them.  I realize now why my brain saw the problem in a logical way and not in the romantic light that my friends did. 🙃

• Like 1

On 4/3/2016 at 2:41 PM, Vega said:

Or really any movie where the bad guys are just evil because they can't fall in love

Is it just me or are they insinuating that aro people are evil?!!!!

2 hours ago, The Angel of Eternity said:

Is it just me or are they insinuating that aro people are evil?!!!!

For how I see it, it is more the contrary : evil people are aromantic. Which is as stupid. Just because you're the bad guy doesn't mean you can't fall in love. It associates evilness and absent of romantic love.

I had an aromantic moment the other day at Mcdo. Sitting next to me, two people was trying to convice a girl that she had problems with her boyfriend, bit she didn't want to break up because they are together for there years and she loves him. They were talking about it before I arrive, and was just finishing when I left. At some point, I wanted to scream "you're clearly not happy with that guy, talk with him or break up, but LET ME ET IN SILENCE".

I really don't understand why people can't see what is obviously when they are in love.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

On 4/18/2016 at 3:43 PM, aihpen said:

I would honestly rather be stuck in traffic for many hours in a car than on a train kissing someone...

Yeah, no kidding.

On 7/11/2016 at 1:01 AM, Dodgypotato said:

Background: I visited Zema's house yesterday, and they drove me home. We hung out in my room a while afterwards before they left.

This morning:

Dad: "So, is he your boyfriend?"

Me: "... No. They're not even into women. They're asexual." (I'm closeted in all shapes and forms.)

Dad (thinking I was talking about myself?): *turns away* "That's bullshit. You like girls?"

Me: "No..? I said zema, and not into women."

Dad: "That's f-ing weird. Why're you mixing with him them?"

Me: ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

-5 minutes later, me in the other room with my cat trying to eat my hair-

*dad walks over to me*

Dad: "So what's this... Asexual?"

Me: "It means... You're not interested in anyone... In that way..." *awkwardly, kind of put on the spot*

Dad: "Bullshit."

Me: "What do you mean?"

Dad: "I've never heard of that. That's bullshit." (he really seems to like the world bullshit)

Me: "People can be attracted to the same gender, opposite, or both-" (my parents are too closed-minded to think there's more than 2 genders, I have to go along with it while I'm with them) "-, so why not none?"

Dad: "Whatever. I've never heard of it." *mutters some more*

Unless he's completely stupid, he's going to put 2 and 2 together and figure out that I'm asexual as well. Or at least 'think' I am, in his opinion.

Wow. Just because you've never heard of something doesn't give you the right to deny its existence. Open up your minds, people!

I was (am) wondering if I should tell my squish that we'll, I have a squish on him (I think he thinks I like him romantically and that would be a total MESS) so I searched for "I think my squish thinks I like him" and Google auto correct said "did you meant: "I think my crush thinks I like him" 

That was really disappointing.... 

On 4/3/2016 at 1:24 PM, deltaX said:

I think shipping can be fun sometimes, but before I recently realized that before I identified as aro, all my ships were people that I thought would make a good queerplatonic couple.  Shipping people in romantic or sexual ways always feels weird and foreign to me.

I like shipping (not in real life just TV shows) and reading romantic (no smut) fanfics but when it it's about imaginating and writing romance I'm AWFUL I simply can't imaginate it, it is foregein for me. 🤷🏻‍♀️

6 hours ago, Kalina1528 said:

I like shipping (not in real life just TV shows) and reading romantic (no smut) fanfics but when it it's about imaginating and writing romance I'm AWFUL I simply can't imaginate it, it is foregein for me. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Remind me when I first describe the crush of my hero and felt I was writing something cliché. I was sûre it doesn't exist in real life. Except it does. 😂

• Like 1

Hello guys. Nice to meet you all!

I get so distressed even when SOMEONE ASSUMES I might like someone, or if that someone likes me in the romantic manner. I can’t even explain what exactly upsets me.

It is just something I can’t imagine myself to do or enjoy. And when someone else inserts me in a fantasy like this it irks me. I hope you guys understand the feeling, I tried my best to explain it.

Does anybody else feel that way?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ShySpider said:

Hello guys. Nice to meet you all!

I get so distressed even when SOMEONE ASSUMES I might like someone, or if that someone likes me in the romantic manner. I can’t even explain what exactly upsets me.

It is just something I can’t imagine myself to do or enjoy. And when someone else inserts me in a fantasy like this it irks me. I hope you guys understand the feeling, I tried my best to explain it.

Does anybody else feel that way?

I also feel that way except for the part of being upset, I don't get upset in any way when someone likes me I get... Nervous? I freak out 😣

My sister got married a couple days ago and a few days before the wedding my sister, my mom and the groom's mom were preparing. Here's a little conversation that occurred:

My sister [to me]: Do you think you'll get married someday?

Me: No, I don't want to.

My sister: Are you being serious or are you just saying that?

Me: I'm serious.

My mom [to my sister]: He still has time to think about it.

I think what my mom said implied that I would come around to marry one day.

Edit:

Speaking of weddings and other formal family events, here's another situation that kind of irks me. I was dressed up for the wedding and people repeatedly told me I looked handsome. I do not like to be called handsome or good-looking. Does anyone else feel this way?