Aromantic Moments

On christmas day we were visiting my grandparents and when we were leaving my grandma told me to bring my boyfriend next year...:facepalm: I practically ran away because I just couldn't stop myself from laughing at that. She says something like that every year, I wonder how many years it'll take her to realize that that's not going to happen. xD

• Like 12

16 hours ago, aihpen said:

my grandma told me to bring my boyfriend next year...:facepalm:

Oh no!

16 hours ago, aihpen said:

I practically ran away because I just couldn't stop myself from laughing at that

Good on you for finding the humour! I've find it pretty funny when people assume a romantic component to my friendships. According to my mum, me and @Bipolar Bear were apparently romantically involved with kids on the way for a bit a few months ago!

• Like 1

Steven Universe spoilers ahead!

When I saw all the people in the zoo start crying at Greg's telling them he didn't want to choose anyone, I honestly burst out laughing and didn't stop until the end of the episode. Unintentionally the best, most exaggerated depiction of romo folks ever xD

• Like 1

On 12/30/2016 at 4:16 PM, Kai Pufflehugs IV said:

Oh no!

Good on you for finding the humour! I've find it pretty funny when people assume a romantic component to my friendships. According to my mum, me and @Bipolar Bear were apparently romantically involved with kids on the way for a bit a few months ago!

I feel like at this point, if I ever had kids and one of them kept bringing the same person round I'd assume they were just good friends :P 

On 6/1/2017 at 8:44 AM, Untamed Heart said:

I feel like at this point, if I ever had kids and one of them kept bringing the same person round I'd assume they were just good friends :P 

Hahaha! You're way better than my parents. If I even mention someone not of the same sex as me, we're automatically engaged in some sort of romantic relationship. Even in 2015 (last year of high school), I kept staying as late as possible at school. Dad suspected it was because I'd "Found someone". :nopapo: Lol..

• Like 6
  • Angry 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, SoulWolf said:

My friend: "What are you going to do for Valentine's day?"

Me: "Go to the dentist."

I just about spit out my drink. I've been binge watching 30 Rock and I'm watching the episode where she goes to the dentist on Valentines Day.

As great and intelligent as that show is, it also has episodes that just bore me due to romantic content. Although I do have to say I enjoyed her relationship with Matt Damon, their breakup scene was the greatest thing I've ever seen.

• Like 2

My RH just decorated my dorm's common room with a bunch of super gaudy cutesy Valentine's Day stuff (she does this for every holiday, to be fair), and someone walked in and said delightedly, "Oh look, love is in the air!"

I immediately responded with "Oh god no, someone get the air freshener."

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

When I went to my 10-year high school reunion, there was I guy I thought I was good friends with back then. The first thing he blurted out to me was: "I'm married now!" And, then proceeded to quickly walk away. No hi or anything. I was really confused and stunned. This was the guy who did a science project with me at his place, had study sessions there, invited me to a bunch of parties (again at his place, and there were mostly guys at them), asked me to stay and eat dinner with him after studying, etc. I was confused by some of it at the time, but apparently he liked me romantically? Strange.

There was another guy I thought I was good friends with back in high school. I've told people about him, and apparently he seemed almost stalkerish, and really romantically interested. He asked me to have him as my +1 at the band dance/party, joined band even though all he did was hold a banner during parades and normally was apart of the choir, always sat next to me, got angry if my other friends sat next to me, also invited me to parties, asked me to be his partner at graduation, etc. I was oblivious to it all. 

Only thinking about things like the dress and food when I thought about having a wedding. Not about an actual partner. My parent was upset about this recently. (This was before she knew I was aro.) 

• Like 6