Moderators Needed

Blue Phoenix Ace

I figured I would pick up the first two moderators when we hit a membership of 25. We're already past 30. So, it's time to ask for some volunteers. :) Bonus, is you get to pick what title moderators get. If you'd like to throw your hat in the ring, just reply here. Thanks!

The deadline for volunteers to come forth is April 10th, midnight EDT. Thanks in advance for all willing to help out!

I could help out, but I don't know if anyone would want me to. *throws card with smeared ice cream on it into the ring*

I'm a loser who uses this and AVEN 24/7, heheh. 9_9

I tend to be fast with technology and stuff though. And I'm responsible, or so I've been told. I could definitely help out during the summer (late June to August) more, or on weekends. And I usually have a few hours free time after school during weekdays. Although I may have vacation, I could probably even access the site on my phone or while driving. For the most part, I could come on every day for an hour or more.

I'm a former admod of a few old guard aro sites, but I'm really glad to see other people stepping up. I can't promise to consistently keep an eye on the site because of grad school and doctoral audition worries, so while I'm willing to help in the future should you need it, I'm glad that there are people enthusiastically jumping for the position right now, and I hope you give them priority over me :)

45 minutes ago, Mezzo Forte said:

I'm a former admod of a few old guard aro sites, but I'm really glad to see other people stepping up. I can't promise to consistently keep an eye on the site because of grad school and doctoral audition worries, so while I'm willing to help in the future should you need it, I'm glad that there are people enthusiastically jumping for the position right now, and I hope you give them priority over me :)

I would like to thank you as well for supporting this new old community

8 hours ago, Robin said:

I would like to thank you as well for supporting this new old community

Aw, I'm flattered! I wasn't exactly doing anything too glamorous; I mainly just helped keep the spam at bay so the discussion wouldn't get lost to ads about kitchen supplies! (I had to deal with making genuine moderator actions once on AroPlane when a disagreement escalated into a bit of a spat, but that was the only time I really saw fighting on an aro board.) 

Even though I didn't throw anything into the ring, I do have my eyes on the 'Welcome and Forum Rules' Forum. The reason I didn't volunteer myself is because I'm still super new to DT on AVEN and need to get the hang of it before I take on another job especially that of a moderator position. I do like that since this site is brand new, it is a lot smaller than AVEN, and I'm sure I can handle modding here for that reason and get comfortable with the size of the site as it grows even though being brand new means new members flooding in fast. So, just leaving this here that if you do find that you need a mod for the welcome forum in the future, I'm totally up (or down... no, all the way around!) for it!! I love welcoming new members and the 'Welcome Lounge' is my go-to place on AVEN and I'm enjoying it here too. *runs off to finally stock up my ice cream stash for new members (is actually planning on going to bed. It's 3am.)*

I have decided to leave the race. Recent events have made me realize that I, in fact, lean closer to the romantic side of the grey-ro spectrum. I have, as a result, identified less with this community. That said, I will still hang out here sometimes, since it's such a nice community.

Besides, I have a smaller post count than most people here.

EDIT: Since there is no one else for front page editing, I will stay there

Just now, Robin said:

I have decided to leave the race. Recent events have made me realize that I, in fact, lean closer to the romantic side of the grey-ro spectrum. I have, as a result, identified less with this community. That said, I will still hang out here sometimes, since it's such a nice community.

Okay. I hope we can still see you around, though :)

Archived