Aromantic Rings/Pride

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Bracelets are sometimes a problem at work and such as they can look unprofessional, especially home-made ones. Cute idea though

Personally I really dislike the white as it doesn't really represent Aromanticism to me :/ It's also the antithesis of black so surely should be Zedsexual as Asexual is black and the absence of colour (or sexual attraction) where white is the abundance of it. Just my thoughts

Green makes sense to me, I know it matches with less but it's the colour most representitive of Aros!

• 1 month later...

I got aro and ace rings at a beach gift shop! They're both agate I'm pretty sure. I went with green for aro because they didn't have white and I thought the green would look cool!

5 hours ago, techno-trashcan said:

I got aro and ace rings at a beach gift shop! They're both agate I'm pretty sure. I went with green for aro because they didn't have white and I thought the green would look cool!

Yeah I think I'll get a black or black and blue/purple for acre ring and black with green for aro!

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2017 at 4:00 AM, omitef said:

Yo I just got my aroace ring and it looks hella sick...it looks black from the outside but if you hold it up to the sun, you can see green. :)

I really like that one 9_9

I think I should get an ace ring first and then think about what to add for aro

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/04/2017 at 10:30 AM, omitef said:

Yo I just got my aroace ring and it looks hella sick...it looks black from the outside but if you hold it up to the sun, you can see green. :)

That is such a cool ring!

I really like the green idea, and it doesn't have to be obnoxious green! though I did find a set of steel and green glow in the dark silicone wedding bands. It would be easy to spot aros in the dark. :P

In my quick search I found out there is a thing called green gold. expensive but subtly pretty. 

I posted too soon. I just discovered coloured resin rings with metal flakes or moss in them. rings can be anything these days!

• 1 year later...

I like both the bracelet and ring idea, wearing a ring would be better for me personally, because I have sensory issues regarding wearing bracelets that aren't silicone or rubber (like the ones you get from awareness charities), but I still like wearing other bracelets, despite the irritation. I also love gemstones! I think I am going to try making an Aro friendship bracelet, because I like the concept of it representing an Aro's appreciation for friendship/platonic love, and I like making things. This could be really useful to find other Aros out there, even if we aren't very common in terms of numbers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 12:56 PM, TripleA said:

At least they use the colours of the good flag. For some reason I keep finding things made in the orange version of the flag....

those beads though look like harma beads to me, of which I have fond and horrible memories of. more horrible than fond....so I wouldn't go for it but green rings are tricky to find and if you wanted the flag it is a fair representation

So I like the idea of wearing a white ring on my left middle finger for aro, and black one on my right middle finger for ace. I've worn a black ring before and I like the symmetry and duality.

These are the rings I've had my eye on because I like gold lately:

Black and White stacking resin rings

I've also been eyeing these:

Ace Ring

Trans ring

I also bet if someone wanted they could comission an aro flag ring. This person has such a wide variety. They are so gorgeous too!

7 hours ago, Zthefrog said:

So I like the idea of wearing a white ring on my left middle finger for aro, and black one on my right middle finger for ace. I've worn a black ring before and I like the symmetry and duality.

[...]

I used to do this, a while ago. I found both a onyx and a moonstone rings, and wore them just like you said. Unfortunately stone rings are quite fragile, and I ended up dropping the moonstone one and it shattered. They looked similar to these: Onyx, Moonstone.

Should I find another one like that again I might buy it, but for the moment I'm not wearing rings.

8 hours ago, Zthefrog said:

I've also been eyeing these:

Ace Ring

Trans ring

I also bet if someone wanted they could comission an aro flag ring. This person has such a wide variety. They are so gorgeous too!

I checked out your links but I did find one worrying comment 

Jenn 15 Jan, 2019
4 out of 5 stars    
After my girlfriend and I wore these rings constantly for a month (technically 3 weeks) both hers and mine formed a crack and broke. Love these little rings and the gold flecks are perfection but they won't last long.

So maybe more of a special occasion ring rather than a day to day if they are that fragile 

I feel like you both brought up longevity, but I feel like that also comes with a price/metal. 

My favorite ring was a wooden, but that's not as popular of a medium unfortunately :/. I do think I'm going to get the resin rings eventually, I can only hope theyve worked on the durability.

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of getting a ring soon. It is easier to find white rings, but they may be associated with weddings and wedding bands, which is pretty anormative and would be weird considering I'm not getting married until much later, if I want it.

Archived