Aromantic Rings/Pride

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Vega You'd rather include the definition of shrinky dinks into your post because I've just made the mistake of looking the phrase up in the Urban Dictionary :D (where all the definitions but one are sexually explicit).

The only suitable definition from there is as follows:

Product for children. Sheets of shrinkable plastic that can be colored in and cut out. Most important think is that after baking in an oven they shrink few times of its original size.

22 minutes ago, Kojote said:

Hannover. My student ticket allows me to get to Hamburg for free though =D just... very.. slowly...

But you probably don't have time on wednesday mornings/middays until 2pm? Because that's when I usually have free time while being in Hamburg...

23 minutes ago, aihpen said:

But you probably don't have time on wednesday mornings/middays until 2pm? Because that's when I usually have free time while being in Hamburg...

Depends, I currently have seminars at that time, but I'll have a semester break starting july and I'm through with my exams in august. If your in Hamburg around that time and want to meet, you could PM me =D 

21 minutes ago, Kojote said:

Depends, I currently have seminars at that time, but I'll have a semester break starting july and I'm through with my exams in august. If your in Hamburg around that time and want to meet, you could PM me =D 

I don't know yet if I'll be around then, but it's likely. So I'll definitely make sure to PM you when I know I'll be around ^_^ 

• 2 weeks later...

I actually think I'd prefer black and green rings. It stands out. I've never been very fond of white anything as far as jewelry and clothing is concerned either, so the color really doesn't resonate with me at all. I also want it to mean something to me, as well as being a signal to other aro people, though, and I feel black and green is the way to go for me. A simple band probably, I'm not too picky. I did find this, and I really like it. The green isn't too overpowering, but it definitely adds some character to the black.

Oliveti Men's Black Plated Titanium Black/ Green Carbon Fiber Comfort Fit Ring (8mm)

@Chronos I've copied the URL of the ring image (with the right click) and pasted it into a text field. It turns out that the URL contains the following self-explanatory string [I've replaced hyphens by spaces]:

Oliveti Men's Black Plated Titanium Black Green Carbon Fiber Comfort Fit Ring 8mm

It's sold in Walmart, Overstock and many other stores.

I don't think it's green enough to be recognized as an aro symbol, though...

True, true, the green is very understated. Honestly though, if I buy this and wear it, it's going to be more of a symbol for me than for anyone else. It's not that I don't what people to know, it's just that this ring resonates with me, and I feel that that's the most important thing. That's why honestly, we're probably going to be hard pressed to settle on one design, one color.

I just got a new white ring, cos I wanted one, although I will only wear it rarely. Its cared out of one big piece of a gemstone, who knows which one... My options were quite limited, as I have a quite severe allergic reaction to almost all metals, and I really don't like silicone or plastic. Its not perfect, as it is more of an ivory colour, but yeah.

I like the idea of a green ring too. Malachite would be awesome, its aro coloured, although the stone is even more fragile than other ones. Maybe jade? Or moss agate?

Free-shipping-mixed-font-b-colors-b-font

P15478655.jpg

I am looking for a black and white rings made of stone. Any suggestions on the materials?

@Cassiopeia, I have a green agate ring, from even before finding out about the Aro community, and recommend it. Not only the agate is a beautiful shade of green, but it is also impact and scratch resistant.

13621336_1179917395384285_1289729988_o.j

13588882_1179917475384277_1899140650_o.j

2 hours ago, Chronos said:

I am looking for a black and white rings made of stone. Any suggestions on the materials?

Lets see... I love gemstones, so

White stones:

white opal:

F0310%203.jpg

moonstone:

moonstone-rainbow.jpg

white aventurine - that pun is so bad, it kind of makes up for how the stone looks:

whiteaventurine1.jpg

lace agate:

61AGBL08.jpg

magnesite - it looks like used chewing gum without the polishing, but nice if carved.

magnesite.jpg

Black ones:

obsidian:

black-obsidian-tumbled.jpg

hematite

Hematite.jpg

green goldstone -green sparkles in black? nice.

green-goldstone-crystal-egg_1.jpg

I was at my local con (of all the places!) recently when I managed to replace my lost ace ring. The white stone was a nice touch and I like to think of it as my aroace ring :arolove:

http://aussiekirkland.tumblr.com/post/147025800929/my-new-ace-ring (This was the only way I could share a picture on mobile so excuse my sloppiness)

Thank you. I actually had an hematite ring, but it was too fragile. It broke after the first time it fell down.

I think the easiest to find around here are probably lace agate and obsidian.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2016 at 3:26 PM, Vega said:

True, but then again some people might want to wear both aro and ace rings. On the other hand, it's a good spot. 

A silver ring would at least be easier to find than a black one, I swear I spent half a year looking for a black ring. :P 

Yea, and this is why I like the white ring better - it would look good with an ace ring.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again.
I totally forgot to post here, but a couple weeks ago I bought a pair of white and black Aro and Ace rings. The aro one is moonstone, and the ace is black agate. Both are pretty, but the moonstone specially seems to shine with an inner light when under the sun.

I wear the Ace on the middle finger of the right hand, and the Aro one on the middle finger of the left hand.

Unfortunately, the day after I took these pictures I dropped the black one, and it broke clean in half. I glued it back together with super glue, and it barely looks damaged. But I'm searching for a replacement. because I don't know how long will the glue hold.

Now, pics! The third ring is my old green agate one, that I was using as Aro while searching for a white ring.

13838532_1192189160823775_1112895749_o.j

13833592_1192189200823771_845706067_o.jp

13833478_1192189107490447_1553280462_o.j

• 3 months later...

Archived