#LittleAroThings

peridotty

Having alarm bells ringing in the head upon hearing/reading the word "love", even if it's not meant *like that*. #littlearothings

Fighting the urge to insist that not everybody wants to love/wants to be loved upon reading about the Orlando massacre, and concluding that it is not necessarily about romantic love thy're talking about. (I feel really bad about that one, tbh.) #littlearothings

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, aussiekirkland said:

What an awesome shirt! I bought one recently that said "property of nobody" it's probably a feminist shirt but it means a lot more to me :)

When I was 16 (and unaware of being aro, though I was well aware of never getting crushes (just thought I was a late bloomer)) I had a shirt that said "friends are forever, boys are whatever" :D

Trying to talk about aro issues with alloromantic people, accidentally using the lingo and watch them going from confusion to silently questioning my sanity. #littlearothings

When you're not sure if the one crush you had was a real crush or if you were just fixated on her bc of bpd and you've actually never had a crush #littlearothings

When someone asks if you like [specific person], and you say yes, but then they think you like them in the romantic sense, and no matter how hard you try they will never believe you that you just want to be friends with [specific person]. *sigh* #littlearothings

8 hours ago, DannyFenton123 said:

When you realise writing smileys over text is... a form of flirting? You can't tell me what to use my smileys for, goddammit! :P :arolove::aropride:

Wait what? :eyebrow::aropride:

2 minutes ago, Vega said:

Wait what? :eyebrow::aropride:

I was never informed of this either. Although, I didn't use emoticons, emojis, smileys or whatever you want to call them until after I came to this site ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

7 minutes ago, Zemaddog said:

I was never informed of this either. Although, I didn't use emoticons, emojis, smileys or whatever you want to call them until after I came to this site ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I use a lot of smileys.

This is worrying. Why is everything flirting? :P

Flinching at the sound of kissing, but trying to seem like you aren't #littleAroThings

Wondering if, if it were legal, you actually would marry yourself just to shut everyone up #littleAroThings

Romance scenes being the nightmares of aro actors. 'i feel so awkward, is this how it is MEANT to look???? These lines CAN'T be serious, really??????' #littleAroThings

32 minutes ago, DannyFenton123 said:

Yeah. When I showed my sister the texts of some creepy guy, she said that I shouldn't use emojis because that's a form of flirting over text O.o

If this were true, I'd be homoromantic (with only a few exceptions) because I use emojis extensively in Skype convos that are mostly with males :P

13 hours ago, ArodynamicallyFavored said:

Having to comfort people who do unbelievably crazy/life ruining things for S.Os because they "love them"

And I'm like "Heck no."

As well as "Heck no" you could be thinking "Why?"

Always being armed with a smartphone or tablet in case the inevitable romance/sex scene happens in a show you're watching on TV with your family.

When you're alone, the only channels you watch are the ones made for preschoolers, because there's almost no romance, and certainly no sex, in little kid cartoons!  Plus, they're easy to fall asleep to.

YouTube has basically replaced cable TV in your life.  Skippable ads!

^ Smartphone, combined with vicarious eye-rolling at all the cheesy romantic dialogue. :P

Having friends or parents get annoyed at you because you can't get through a romance scene without at least one sarcastic comment.

When one of your friends gets that silly, dreamy, 'a million miles away' swooning expression and says something like "Oh!  It's soooo romaaaaaaaantic!" in response to a scene on a tv show that you just found creepy or stalker-ish and you can't help but think that your friend is certifiable.

When your friend gets a boyfriend, and you're the only one who thinks the texts he's sending are creepy. If I hear another "awwwwwww"/scream followed by "So cuuuute!" I may have to break a few phones.

(I was being so aromantic that day, it led to me being questioned and then coming out)

2 hours ago, Dodgypotato said:

When your friend gets a boyfriend, and you're the only one who thinks the texts he's sending are creepy. If I hear another "awwwwwww"/scream followed by "So cuuuute!" I may have to break a few phones.

(I was being so aromantic that day, it led to me being questioned and then coming out)

^This. Is. My Life

3 minutes ago, Dodgypotato said:

And people enjoy hearing it?

Most of the things that are 'like in movies' are automatically cute to them just because they like to compare themselves to movie characters, you see..

Archived