Aromantic books

Hey all - crossposting here so more people will see it. 

I work at a bookstore, and we're going to do a display of books on aromanticism or with aro representation for ASAW this year. I'd love some suggestions of books to put out - I have a lot of ideas for fiction, though I welcome more, so I'd particularly like any non-fiction or poetry you can think of about aromanticism, amatanormativity, or other related topics. Thanks so much for your help!

-Isabel

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

One of my favourite book by Olivia White Bright Lights and Glass Houses, is fantastic. It is not an aro book per se, it even had one romantic centric tale. It is written by an aromantic transwoman prior to her realising that she is both trans and aro, which made it extra interesting as I sort of figured out both by reading it.

Another one is Common Bonds: A Speculative Aromantic Anthology, edited by Claudie Arseneault, C. T. Callahan, Roanna Sylver. I haven't read it yet so can't comment on it. 

A short story by Penny Stirling, Last Ocean Tide Lost in Sand. I didn't like it due to personal pet peeves of a subtype of specfic prose approach, but I still recommend it anyway in case if you do. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The list that @Magni linked looks to me like an extract from Claudie Arseneault's Ace & Aro Characters in Fiction database, which has been an absolute lifeline to me. It was last updated about a year ago but hopefully Claudie finds time to update again some time soon. At the moment, I am using her Goodreads "aromantic" shelf to find new aro books.

Edited by cluebat
Added link to Claudie Arseneault's Goodreads shelf.

Guest guest

Akatsuki no Yona has a confirmed aro character. (Soo Won). It's a manga though, so idk if that's what you're looking for.

On 3/23/2020 at 9:22 PM, AirConditioner said:

Another one is Common Bonds: A Speculative Aromantic Anthology,

Unfortunately publication has been delayed due to coronavirus. There's a story of mine in this anthology so I can't wait for it to come out!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...