Other People Confessing Crushes / Flirting

AroAnomaly

Am I the only one that feels really awkward when other people are flirting with me?

Like, I've (unwillingly) watched enough romance movies and things to know when someone is flirting with me, but I just feel like ugh when people do it.

And it's not the euphoric feeling alloro people say they get either. It's like a sick-to-my-stomach, my-anxiety-is-kicking-in feeling.

And it's even worse when I can tell they are about to confess a crush (again, too many romance movies because my grandmother and sister love to watch them).

I'm sitting here like don't you do it, don't say it. And then they say it and I have to awkwardly be like "Well, I'm aro, but (explanation of my opinions on dating)"

Anybody else understand the awkward feeling? Anyone have any tips?

Ohh you are definitely not alone in those feelings! I’m awkward as hell when people flirt with me. Just no. I don’t know what to do with it. And I don’t want to do anything with it.

And that feeling when you know they are going to confess... because you just know. Ugh... I was also like “no don’t say it nOooO....” And then they confess and I wanted to disappear.  I’ve felt physically sick after people told me they liked me. A feeling of nausea mixed with dread. You just want to get away from them as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Anon95 said:

Ohh you are definitely not alone in those feelings! I’m awkward as hell when people flirt with me. Just no. I don’t know what to do with it. And I don’t want to do anything with it.

And that feeling when you know they are going to confess... because you just know. Ugh... I was also like “no don’t say it nOooO....” And then they confess and I wanted to disappear.  I’ve felt physically sick after people told me they liked me. A feeling of nausea mixed with dread. You just want to get away from them as quickly as possible.

Glad I'm not the only one!

I just want a ton of close friends. Is that too much to ask?

Defiantly! 

when people confess a crush on me it makes me feel sick to my stomach and almost feels like an invasive thing. Like i thought we were just friends but you had these other ulterior motives. It’s just kind of yucky. Plus if you’re friends then it makes things super awkward after.

• Thanks 1