Meeting App?

nonmerci

Hey! Just an idea that I had wen I woke up this morning.

I was wondering if a meeting website for aro existed, or if it was possible to create one (I personally don't have the time, the competence nor the knowledge, but maybe somewhere here people can, who knows). I think the correct owrd in English is dating website, but I prefer the French word lol (site de rencontre, so meeting website; sounds less romantic).

The thing is : a lot of aro seems in difficulty to find partners. I'm thinking in particular about aro who wants QPR, and allo aro who wants a relationship where sex is ok but without romantic content. I don't think it have to be for aro only, but for people looking for an aro Relationship of the type I've said. I think some aros suffer from not finding a partner that wants this type of Relationship too (let's be honest, the probability of meeting another aro by hazard in real life is very low, let alone finding an aro that matches our personality and who is looking for the same type of relationship as we do).

Again, I don't have the competence nor the time to create such an app. I don't know either if this is possible. But I know that asexuasl have their own dating app (asexualitic), so I thought it would interesting that we have our own to find non-romantic relationship partners.

So, what do you think of it? Would you think such a thing would be useful? Interesting? Would it simplify your life?

I personally won't use it I'm fine with having friendship and I'm not interesting in sex nor QPR. But, I thought it would be useful for people who are searching for not traditional friendship, QPR, or Relationship that includes sexual activity. And you?

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 11:06 PM, HorcruxCupcake said:

I think that's a great idea. My only thought is because we are such a minority people might not be very local to each other. But as an allo aro I think a meeting app is a brilliant idea, would definitely sign up.

Yeah I think it's hard to get a critical mass to get it going.
I personally use couchsurfing to meet people since the people on there are in general not looking for dates.