What counts as flirting?

BlueKumul

It's always really confused me too! So apparently, flirting is laughing a lot at what the other person is saying, lightly teasing them, touching them, maintaining strong eye contact, asking them questions about themselves, complimenting them, etc. To me, this is just a regular, friendly conversation. Needless to say, as someone who is aro/ace, the irony of having a "flirtatious" personality is not lost on me. I guess the difference between flirting and conversing normally, is the subtext. Oftentimes, I think, even non aspec people have trouble distinguishing what is flirting and what isn't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheerio said:

So apparently, flirting is laughing a lot at what the other person is saying, lightly teasing them, touching them, maintaining strong eye contact, asking them questions about themselves, complimenting them, etc. To me, this is just a regular, friendly conversation.

There is "chemistry" involved, and for romantics it means a possibility of relationship, so maybe that's why they call it flirting.

• Like 1