SAM (Split Attraction Model) Users

TripleA

(SAM) Split Attraction Model Users   

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Question

Personally, I do use SAM as usually Aromantics are always seen as also Asexual, and my lesbianism is very prominent when it comes to my different attractions (besides romantic). Since, I'm not out to many people as Aro, I'm still questioning, I do usually just say I'm Gay/Lesbian, but besides that I always say I'm an Aromantic Lesbian or Aromantic Homosexual for extra clarification (I've gotten comments from a couple confused people thinking I was saying I was Aromantic and Homoromantic). I do, of course, usually say I'm questioning too.

5 answers to this question

yeah, aromantic heterosexual.  when i don't feel like coming out i just say straight, but people who know me well know that's not quite it.  as i said in my poll, the two parts of my identity are quite distinct from each other, but also, like, i'm very aro and very heterosexual, like on the ends of the respective spectrums, so it's like, how else would i possibly identify?  both labels fit me perfectly.

Nope! Just aro. My sexual attraction is a bit complicate, and i really dont feel like it need a label. And my other attractions? I don"t feel like they need one either. Not that i have many other attractions to begin with, haha

I put it "depends" because I separate my romantic attraction from my sexual attraction and if I had to explain aromanticism and asexuality I would explain this is not the same.

But at the same time I really don't care that much of my sexual attraction. I know I am ace but I don't go on ace forums as I do for aromanticism for instance.

In fact I don't really know if I use SAM or not. ?

Personally, I don't put much thought into Sexual Attraction because it doesn't really affect me nor do I think it will be useful to me in the future. Also it's much more kid friendly to explain to my future nieces and nephews!!! I wanna be the cool Aunt.?