Aro meetups?

LBMango

When I search for aro meetup groups or similar, all I find are ace meetups. I'm not ace. In particular, part of what i want from an aro meetup is to understand how to navigate being aro but not ace in a culture that sees sex and romance tied in the ways it does... So, are there such groups?

A few notes: 1) I'm notoriously bad at google. (I don't know how. I'm a computer programmer. Google just doesn't like me. It's a Thing) So, it's entirely possible that there are things that I didn't find. In fact I assume that's the case...
2) I'm in the Boston area, so anything in that would be awesome.
3) If this isn't a thing, should it be? (I'm not volunteering...)

• Like 2

On 9/10/2019 at 2:15 AM, LBMango said:

Wow, as if to prove my point. My google kung fu is so bad i didn't even notice that this site has a meetups section... D'oh.

Guessing you mean the Visibility, Articles, and Meetups forum. Which dosn't have that many posts about meetups, TBH.

On 9/10/2019 at 1:32 AM, LBMango said:

When I search for aro meetup groups or similar, all I find are ace meetups. I'm not ace. In particular, part of what i want from an aro meetup is to understand how to navigate being aro but not ace in a culture that sees sex and romance tied in the ways it does... So, are there such groups?

If you look for aro meetups using meetup.com there are very few which are actually ace groups or subgroups of ace groups.
Similar with aces & aros with additionally their "world map" only really covering two countries.

On 9/10/2019 at 2:32 AM, LBMango said:

3) If this isn't a thing, should it be? (I'm not volunteering...)

it should be, but the truth is that someone has to volunteer for it to exist. groups that are for aros specifically (that I know of at least) are in new york and london only

5 hours ago, bydontost said:

it should be, but the truth is that someone has to volunteer for it to exist. groups that are for aros specifically (that I know of at least) are in new york and london only

eh idk if that new york one's still around either- i looked into it about a year ago and there was nothing really there. looks like there last event was almost three years ago.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, bydontost said:

Is this London Group you mean? Which dosn't appear that active and currently unable to offer ace, rather than aspec, events.

AUREA lists a group in New Jersey (which may be the New York one). This also does not appear to be especially active either.

8 hours ago, assignedgothatbirth said:

eh idk if that new york one's still around either- i looked into it about a year ago and there was nothing really there. looks like there last event was almost three years ago.

aw sads

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Is this London Group you mean? Which dosn't appear that active and currently unable to offer ace, rather than aspec, events.

AUREA lists a group in New Jersey (which may be the New York one). This also does not appear to be especially active either.

yeah those are the ones I meant, there are people still in the groups, maybe they'd be still interested if someone sent a nudge or sth??