How do you prefer to interact with people?

Mark

Interpersonal interaction preferences.  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't answer because it depend too much on context.

Who i am interacting with? Why do i want to interact with them? What is my mental state at the moment? How large is the group? What are we here for? How close i am with them?

I only can tell you for sure that i don't interact that much with peoples. I also have trouble with having several groups. I am not sure why : is my experience (or lack of it ) with peoples to blame or is that just how i am? Not that important i guess. Maybe i just dont like it ?‍♂️

And even then, i don't always trust groups (i wish i did). It can be so… ephemeral. So fragile.

It's complicate. I like the idea of a group, for exemple. But i have bad experience with them (like i said ). I... think things are getting better that being said. I still have hope.

I also like the idea of "one to one" if i want to talk about feelings or serious things. Because it's easier to be heard.

In my ideals and in real life my answers are different.

(or maybe i just don't understand the question )

I say one to one with different persons. I am not at ease when there is a lot of people, I never know how to act. It's worst if I don't know them well. I am more at ease with one to one interaction with friends.

I don't mind interacting with others in a professional context. Socially-as little as possible and preferably one to one.Then again I would be okay with moderate social interaction if the person "gets" me. This does not happen often of course haha

• 2 months later...

I chose "in several different groups" because group dynamics is were I tend to have the best time. But in order to have great group dynamic I think you need to get to know at least a few of the people in a one-on-one context too. Most of my social interactions are one-on-one but that's because people are often not available at the same time.

• Like 1

For me, it very much depends on the context. I'm just fine with talking about something one on one or in groups, but as soon as there isn't really a topic I just don't know how to keep the conversation going if it's a one on one situation and thus prefer small groups. But even in groups I'll just listen most of the time and only rarely make a remark.

But this also depends on my personal state of mind. If I'm tired or something like that even small groups can be overwhelming. Then "as little as possible" applies.

I think in general, my attitude to interactions with other people is in some way like solving difficult math problems: It can be fun, but it's also a lot of work and requires concentration, so it's not something I'd do if I want to relax.

• Thanks 1

I like variety. Some times I need to be alone. Sometimes I need to be in a big group of friends, sometimes I need one-on-one... Sometimes I need to be alone reading on a park bench in a busy park or in a busy coffee shop... 

• 3 weeks later...