General site suggestions

Robin

Perhaps we could have a forum for all non-aro sexual/romantic orientations, encompassing:

- sexuality

- LGBT issues

- romantic allies

- maybe some grayromantics who want to talk about romance

- I can't think of anything else, but maybe this would be a good idea? Since a lot of topics are on the topic of human sexuality/romanticism/Etc but aren't directly about aromanticisn 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jade said:

- sexuality

- LGBT issues

- romantic allies

- maybe some grayromantics who want to talk about romance

Yeah, that's basically what I'd like to be added. These are not too many forums, and each of them makes sense (especially seeing the decent traffic of the sexual allies and grey-A forums on AVEN relatively to that entire board).

The romantic allies forum will have traffic problems at first, but I expect the word of mouth to populate it soon enough; or those Arocalyptists who're currently in relationships with romantics can bring their partners here so that we have useful first-hand viewpoints of romantic people on the subject of romance.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, aroMa(n)tisse said:

Yeah, that's basically what I'd like to be added. These are not too many forums, and each of them makes sense (especially seeing the decent traffic of the sexual allies and grey-A forums on AVEN relatively to that entire board).

The romantic allies forum will have traffic problems at first, but I expect the word of mouth to populate it soon enough; or those Arocalyptists who're currently in relationships with romantics can bring their partners here so that we have useful first-hand viewpoints of romantic people on the subject of romance.

Ah, I was actually proposing to create one subforum for all of the above, not each of them being seperate sub forums. 

If there is enough demand for them then sure, but we are such a small forum, I don't think we need many subforums, I think it would just split up discussion more.

@Jade How about grouping sexuality + LGBT into one subforum (working title 'Sexuality') and romantic allies + grayromanticism into another (working title 'Romantic Relationships'; the latter forum is less urgently needed than the former and can be postponed)?

I don't find it logical to group sexuality with romanticism in a single new forum.

12 minutes ago, aroMa(n)tisse said:

@Jade How about grouping sexuality + LGBT into one subforum and romantic allies + grayromanticism into another (the latter forum is less urgently needed than the former and can be postponed)?

I don't find it logical to group sexuality with romanticism in a single new forum.

So basically we need a Sexuality and Gender and Romance subforum?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, aroMa(n)tisse said:

@Jade How about grouping sexuality + LGBT into one subforum (working title 'Sexuality') and romantic allies + grayromanticism into another (working title 'Romantic Relationships'; the latter forum is less urgently needed than the former and can be postponed)?

2 minutes ago, Cassiopeia said:

So basically we need a Sexuality and Gender and Romance subforum?

This grouping sounds good to me; it makes more sense than grouping everything together, but it also keeps everything in just 1-2 new subforums :D 

• Like 1

Does this make sense then? Is there a better name than "Other Topics" or would they go under Misc?

Welcome

Welcome and rules

AdMod Forum (where the AdMod team secretly makes fun of you)

Aromanticism

Discussion

Relationships

Visibility

Other Topics???

Sexuality and Gender

Romantic Allies

Misc

Off Topic

Site Sugg.

• Like 3

Where the new forums are placed doesn't matter much as long as posts there contribute to the personal post count. (As witnessed on AVEN, where Just For Fun posts increase the count but Arcade ones don't, it's possible to make different settings even for forums in the same category on an IPS board).

• Like 1

Yeah, and references to elections can be removed too.

However, the fact that a PT and elections are referenced doesn't change the meaning of the ToS (a nonexisting object is allowed to have any property and this won't lead to a contradiction, you know), and the fact that they're mentioned is cheering me up as it might be hinting that a PT and elections will appear once the community grows :aropride:

49 minutes ago, deltaX said:

The forum's ToS still makes references to a PT, but there is no PT on Arocalypse.  Shouldn't it be updated?

31 minutes ago, aroMa(n)tisse said:

Yeah, and references to elections can be removed too.

However, the fact that a PT and elections are referenced doesn't change the meaning of the ToS (a nonexisting object is allowed to have any property and this won't lead to a contradiction, you know), and the fact that they're mentioned is cheering me up as it might be hinting that a PT and elections will appear once the community grows :aropride:

We're planning on editing the ToS soon to make it more relevant :) As it was first started, I think it was kind of unknown how we were going about things (especially before the mods got picked) but now we have a better idea as we've been able to discuss.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So, some sites have a feature where the page asks you whether or not you are sure you want to leave. It looks like this:

2QcvYVp.png

Would it be possible to have something like this implemented in chat? Because accidentally leaving chat is a fairly common occurrence that chat regulars are all too familiar with.

If this isn't possible, I totally understand. It's just that something like this would be very useful.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

I just learnt that if your status update is too long it won't post. This has caused me grief in the past especially with my unseen coming out post. Can you implement a character counter like you see in tweets and notify people if their update is too long instead of just deleting the entire post?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Elise said:

@Zemaddog, isn't that caused by accidentally hitting the backspace or delete key outside the text field? I had the same problem but I fixed that on the config page of Firefox. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/924490

That was part of it. I myself have a button on my mouse which goes back a page which I can accidentally hit.

However, this isn't really a problem anymore because all the chat regulars migrated over to discord. That's why nobody is ever in chat anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I have a suggestion to make it possible to see how many people are online when you log in. I just think it's nice to know if anyone else is on at the same time as you are.

EDIT: Okay nvm I just realised you could already see that.