General site suggestions

Robin

Great! I'm glad they are working out.

As for post count on Off Topic, I'm just going to leave it as not counting. Post count means you're talking about aromanticism. I realize a long post about a serious topic in Off Topic takes a lot of energy, but those posts should be done for the sake of discussion, not for points.

• Like 2

Has anyone brought this up yet? I can't see the avatar of each user on each reply in the chatroom unlike AVEN's. It's kind of confusing. Could you fix this if possible?

On 6/3/2016 at 11:17 AM, Elise said:

Has anyone brought this up yet? I can't see the avatar of each user on each reply in the chatroom unlike AVEN's. It's kind of confusing. Could you fix this if possible?

I don't have much control over how chat works unfortunately. Also, are you talking about private chats?

Nevermind, I know what you're talking about. The main chat window doesn't show avatars at all. I don't see any settings to toggle this on. Maybe there is a more complicated solution though.

13 hours ago, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

I don't have much control over how chat works unfortunately. Also, are you talking about private chats?

Nevermind, I know what you're talking about. The main chat window doesn't show avatars at all. I don't see any settings to toggle this on. Maybe there is a more complicated solution though.

@Blue Phoenix Ace  Yes, I'm talking about the main chatroom window.

How does this website work, btw? Are the people whose profile say Arocracy developers too? How many people are directly involved in developing this?

1 hour ago, Elise said:

@Blue Phoenix Ace  Yes, I'm talking about the main chatroom window.

How does this website work, btw? Are the people whose profile say Arocracy developers too? How many people are directly involved in developing this?

Us Arocracy people are just moderators :) 

• Like 1

I asked for volunteers when I started the forums and I had so many volunteers I had to narrow it down some. ;)

I just tried chat and it opened fine. Must have been a hiccup.

The developer of this forum software is Invision. I gave them some money and installed their software. I think it was worth it. ;) 

• Like 3

@Blue Phoenix Ace The appearance of the 'Anyone who isn't aro?' thread has made me wonder: isn't it appropriate to eventually create a forum analogous to AVEN's SPFA (For Sexual Partners, Friends and Allies) but with 'sexual' substituted for 'romantic', i.e. a forum where zedromantic allies (relatives, friends, QP partners, etc.) of arospecs can discuss issues related to the interaction with the arospecs?

• Like 3

The developer of this forum software is Invision. I gave them some money and installed their software. I think it was worth it. ;) 

@Blue Phoenix Ace  How did you get that money? Wasn't it expensive? I wish I can build a website like this that helps people discuss another topic I'm interested in someday...

• Like 1

It was about $200, plus the domain registration, plus the web hosting, plus a few other things. There are some recurring costs for hosting and domain name, and continued support with the forum software. I have a pretty good job, and I think this community was worth it. So, here we are. ;) 

• Like 8

@Cassiopeia You can create a spoiler (like the two that Blue has posted above) by highlighting the content to be hidden and then clicking on the eye on the far right of the editor panel. That eye icon is indeed counterintuitive, I realised only a couple of minutes ago that it creates a spoiler (previously, I was writing [spoiler]content to be hidden[/spoiler] tags in posts manually :facepalm:, which is however sometimes a more robust method than using the eye - it avoids bugs that sometimes happen in the WYSIWYG editor when the content to be hidden contains tags like quotes or images).

• Like 1

In relation to the recent LGBT-related discussions...

Dear admods, do you think it makes sense to create separate forum(s) about sexuality-related topics (maybe a forum about sex with cishets separate from a forum about other sex talk to keep the LGBTIQ+ membership happy)? Or do you want to keep the structure of the board the same in the foreseeable future?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aroMa(n)tisse said:

In relation to the recent LGBT-related discussions...

Dear admods, do you think it makes sense to create separate forum(s) about sexuality-related topics (maybe a forum about sex with cishets separate from a forum about other sex talk to keep the LGBTIQ+ membership happy)? Or do you want to keep the structure of the board the same in the foreseeable future?

I kind of understand where you're coming from - the LGBT discussions don't feel entirely right in off topic but not really suited for aromantic discussion, either. The issue with more subforums is there may be a lack of threads and we will end up with subforums getting few posts - definitely something we want to avoid.

It was definitely something for the future, I'm just not so sure at what point we should add them. If other mods think it might be necessary we can discuss it.

• Like 1