General site suggestions

Robin

2 hours ago, Spud said:

I think there may be a bug or something, but why is it that you can't view anyone else's "about me" section in their profile? I can only view my own (when I'm logged in).

I think you're right, I can't see your "about me" section on your profile.

• Like 1

I think I have a bug, and I've had it for a while (ever since I joined). I can't post status updates of my own from anywhere on my profile, or the main forum homepage. 

http://imgur.com/a/v3GYW

http://imgur.com/4QTVyf9

Basically the whole "What's on your mind?" section for the status updates never appeared to me. 

32 minutes ago, cowgirl326 said:

I think I have a bug, and I've had it for a while (ever since I joined). I can't post status updates of my own from anywhere on my profile, or the main forum homepage. 

http://imgur.com/a/v3GYW

http://imgur.com/4QTVyf9

Basically the whole "What's on your mind?" section for the status updates never appeared to me. 

You have to go to edit profile and enable it there.

• Like 4

On 5/7/2016 at 5:54 PM, Spud said:

I think there may be a bug or something, but why is it that you can't view anyone else's "about me" section in their profile? I can only view my own (when I'm logged in).

This should be fixed now. They were set to private (which is kinda silly).

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The names of the threads on the main site turn to bold and regular quite randomly? I'm guessing it supposed to be bold when there is new content, and regular when there isn't. Sometimes it goes the other way around. And then I reload the page and they swap? Its kind of weird, I'm not sure how it supposed to be. (I'm using firefox, could that be the problem?)

Also if its possible, could we please get a facepalm, a hug, a shrug, and maybe a clapping emoticon?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Cassiopeia said:

The names of the threads on the main site turn to bold and regular quite randomly? I'm guessing it supposed to be bold when there is new content, and regular when there isn't. Sometimes it goes the other way around. And then I reload the page and they swap? Its kind of weird, I'm not sure how it supposed to be. (I'm using firefox, could that be the problem?)

Also if its possible, could we please get a facepalm, a hug, a shrug, and maybe a clapping emoticon?

19 hours ago, Louis Hypo said:

Also a "this is a euphemism" emoji and a nose-tap secret emoji

Sure, find me appropriate icons and I can add them. I think the size should be 24x24 pixels, but 16x16 is also good.

Not sure about the bold/non-bold problem. I've never seen that so it would be difficult for me to fix. I don't have firefox installed, but what happens if you use internet exploder?

I don't know about IPB 4, but I know that IPB 3 isn't optimized for IE. There are serious issues with it and the developers never fixed them. For example, posting pictures is impossible, unless if you enter the tags directly. I think you can expect serious issues with IPB 4 on IE as well.

@Blue Phoenix Ace its been like that for a while, but not always. Its kind of on and off. I do not have internet explorer, just safari, chrome and firefox. I did not catch it acting up in chrome or in safari yet.

Any of these?

bobdole.gif

postrating_hug.gif

The hug would have to be a different size, as there are two emoticons in one pic.  I have found a square one, but imho its awkward. What do you think people? 

big-hug.png

Also edited the hearts one so there are several ones... probably will be needed on this forum

:x  -> Screen_Shot_2016-05-29_at_8.02.53_pm_www

@Louis Hypo how about this one for "this is a euphemism"?

com.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cassiopeia said:

@Blue Phoenix Ace its been like that for a while, but not always. Its kind of on and off. I do not have internet explorer, just safari, chrome and firefox. I did not catch it acting up in chrome or in safari yet.

Any of these?

bobdole.gif

postrating_hug.gif

The hug would have to be a different size, as there are two emoticons in one pic.  I have found a square one, but imho its awkward. What do you think people? 

big-hug.png

Also edited the hearts one so there are several ones... probably will be needed on this forum

com.png

Yummy!

2 hours ago, Cassiopeia said:

Any of these?

bobdole.gif

postrating_hug.gif

big-hug.png

com.png

I really like the green heart one :D

• Like 1

Ok, I've added the new emoticons. :arolove::hugs::euphemism::facepalm:

If you insert emotions from the toolbar, then click categories, then click Smileys you will find them all there.

Or you can use the following within colons:

arolove :arolove: 

hugs :hugs: 

euphemism :euphemism: 

facepalm :facepalm: 

• Like 2

I know that arcade isn't supposed to count towards post count; but shouldn't the normal off-topic count towards it? Am I the only one to have noticed this, or am I the only one affect by it?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Zemaddog said:

I know that arcade isn't supposed to count towards post count; but shouldn't the normal off-topic count towards it? Am I the only one to have noticed this, or am I the only one affect by it?

I noticed it too, and I think it should count if that can be done.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Simowl said:

I noticed it too, and I think it should count if that can be done.

I agree. Some of the off-topic posts are even related to aro-ness (is that a word?) or have actual value. I know for sure I've written multiple paragraph long things in off-topic, and not just silly stuff that goes in arcade and doesn't count. Off-topic seems more like an "other" category, and I think it should count for posts. Unlike, say, the "Count to one million" thread where you basically just write a number and post it ;)

• Like 2

so, I had time to make a second batch + some adjustments. I hope they will work.

removed the background :arolove:->Screen_Shot_2016-05-29_at_8.02.53_pm_www

adjusted the lineart, so its thinner, like on the rest of the emojis :facepalm: ->Screen_Shot_2016-05-31_at_10.27.44_pm_co

clapping 206417144clapping-hands-emoticon_www.kep

and an attemt at the pride flag Screen-Shot-2016-05-31-at-10.40.23-pm_ww

• Like 2

The :arolove: still has a white background, not a transparent one. w9vz0FV.png

It's not really that big a deal though since you can only notice it when you use it on chat (which is where i took that screenshot).

EDIT: Now that that is fixed, i have no more criticisms of the new emoticons.

I just went on the chat, they seem okay.I have also tried to drag the image on different backgrounds, and they are transparent. (And yes,I know  the flag is still dodgy, drawing proper waved stripes in pixels is hard.)