General site suggestions

Robin

Where are advanced formatting options ? If you directly type HTML or BBCode, does the software automatically convert it ? I can't even find a way to "un-format" text or directly edit code :(

OK, I just added the unformat button, looks like a T next to the underline, and for some reason font got lost so I just readded that too.

Not sure about BBCode or the like. I think I have to install an advanced toolbar somewhere. I can go look for one.

• Like 1

Hello world! Looks like the source editor is kinda working if you wanna try that out...

Ugh this is bad the reply stays open now...

Test

Test

Test...

Test

Why does this leave

in my reply now?

Sorry it's getting late so not sure how to make this work without leaving stray HTML codes in the reply field by default.

5 hours ago, RedNeko said:

When you use emoticons, o. O and O. o both come up with O.o but one of them is meant to be the emoticon with the raised eyebrow.

Sure, find me a good royalty-free emoticon and I will add it to the list.

Source code button

On 4/6/2016 at 9:41 PM, Rising Sun said:

Where are advanced formatting options ? If you directly type HTML or BBCode, does the software automatically convert it ? I can't even find a way to "un-format" text or directly edit code :(

OK, I added a source edit button. It uses HTML tags. I tried some options with BBCode but it caused some other weird issues.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Blue Phoenix Ace said:
5 hours ago, RedNeko said:

When you use emoticons, o. O and O. o both come up with O.o but one of them is meant to be the emoticon with the raised eyebrow.

Sure, find me a good royalty-free emoticon and I will add it to the list.

Source code button

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something, do we not have use of all the emoticons in the emoticon menu?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RedNeko said:

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something, do we not have use of all the emoticons in the emoticon menu?

You have use of all of the emoticons in the menu, but Blue can always add more.

Just now, RedNeko said:

Ah I see, it's only a problem in chat

Well it's also a problem if one doesn't know how to use the emoticon menu, and should be fixed. But it's also not completely broken.

3 minutes ago, Spud said:

I think the reason is that it ignores capitals. You could also type o . o and it would still change into O.o 

Ah, of course! Blue is going to hate himself as a debugger when he sees this.

A number of people in the CAPSLOCKIA thread have mentioned that they hit the new like limit again (100 likes). Is there a way to just get rid of the like limit so it doesn't cause problems anymore?

• Like 1

Just now, Spud said:

A number of people in the CAPSLOCKIA thread have mentioned that they hit the new like limit again (100 likes). Is there a way to just get rid of the like limit so it doesn't cause problems anymore?

Yeah, if it doesn't cause any issues with the site it doesn't really seem too necessary (unlike a post limit which I could understand - speaking of, is there a daily post limit?)

• Like 2

Is there any way to view the stats on members? It had it on the front page (amount of members/latest member joined/most active at one point) but it's gone now - I think due to the poll? Maybe an option to toggle it or just a separate page or something? (I really like seeing how many members this place has got)

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Simowl said:

Is there any way to view the stats on members? It had it on the front page (amount of members/latest member joined/most active at one point) but it's gone now - I think due to the poll? Maybe an option to toggle it or just a separate page or something? (I really like seeing how many members this place has got)

That was taking up a lot of screen real estate for very little gain. If you want to know the number of members, go to the search screen and look for members. Then leave all the fields blank. That'll show you everybody (153 right now).

18 minutes ago, Tal Shi'ar said:

Maybe have an Arcade section like AVEN so that people can still have spammy post threads without affecting post count or filling up other sections in OT

Sure, why not? :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think there may be a bug or something, but why is it that you can't view anyone else's "about me" section in their profile? I can only view my own (when I'm logged in).

• Like 1