Robin

General site suggestions

To elaborate, they only show up in search results or if you click on the arcade button.

it has always confused me why the "newest content" section shows the thread with the newest post, but rather than show who posted it, shows the thread. I'd expect either that there is the newest created thread there with the thread creator, or the most recent updated thread with showing the newest poster who posted in it. 

There should be a topic pinned in either the welcome forum or the aromantic discussion forum listing all the known romantic orientations, maybe created by one of the mods or @Arocalypse :D? Having an on-site list that new labels can be suggested to and edited in as they appear would be a good thing. It might help new members find terms for themselves if they want to, and also be eye opening to all members about the variation that is out there!  

I don't think I researched very hard, yet I have found many labels. When I mention some of them on other sites some people are surprised and say things like 'goodness, that is me! I'd never heard that term before'. So I think it would be nice if there was a comprehensive list here I could point unsure people to. It would also expand the exposure this site gets. 

• Like 1

@Apathetic Echidna, thanks for the suggestion. On the one hand, I think it would be good to have a Wiki page. On the other hand, there are many out there already and I'd rather not duplicate work. We do have a FAQ page, but it doesn't have many details.

That being said, I wouldn't mind linking to another web site's Wiki page from here. This is AVEN's version of romantic orientations:

http://wiki.asexuality.org/Romantic_orientation

Is there a better Wiki out there for romantic orientations?

@Blue Phoenix Ace on AVEN I found this one better than their wiki page

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/119238-a-list-of-romantic-orientations/ 

and that is all I was really thinking of for here, a pinned topic which is a list, rather than a wiki page with info like in the FAQ

Maybe a way to hide your status updates from specific people/ones you have blocked?

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Zae said:

Maybe a way to hide your status updates from specific people/ones you have blocked?

I believe blocked people can see none of your content, including status updates. I don't think there is any way to block your status updates but not your posts from certain people (nor can I set any settings to do that).

1 hour ago, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

I believe blocked people can see none of your content, including status updates. I don't think there is any way to block your status updates but not your posts from certain people (nor can I set any settings to do that).

Oh, that's fine then. I only knew you could choose not to see their posts when they're blocked ^^"

And yeah, not letting them see anything is good :3

• Like 1