Am I possibly Aromantic??

22 minutes ago, wintergreentictac said:

So I’ve never felt romantic attraction

Sound aromantic to me.

22 minutes ago, wintergreentictac said:

I’m almost 17.

Just in case you're asking if you're too young , you're not.

--------

But in the end , this is up to you. Maybe that's not a satisfying answer, but we are not in your head.

If you feel like the label suit you, then welcome in the band !

If you realize latter that you're not, well it happen.

I discovered what I am is aro reading stuff and others' experiences on this site, like a mindblowing moment where most of the things I read sounded OMG THAT'S SO TRUE, so give it a try :'D And like it was already said: even if later it will happen to you to feel romantic attraction, you'll be able to set yourself confortable in the greyaro label, if you want ('cause never had a romantic attraction in 17 years feels surely not alloromantic to me)

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2019 at 1:18 AM, arotic said:

You sound aromantic to me. Read this thread:   http://www.arocalypse.com/forums/topic/2349-what-a-crush-is-like-according-to-allos/

If you cant relate to what these people describing their crushes then I would just start saying I was aromantic, if I were you.

I read this and only thought of people I’ve had sexual feelings for.

• 1 year later...

Ok so I've read those peoples comments and it's hard to differentiate between romantic and sexual attraction but I feel that I might fall somewhere within that spectrum. It'd be hard for me to fully accepting for awhile, seeing that I live in a conservative family in the south so....there's that.  I understand why people feel sad when they breakup. I've been asked out on a date by a guy who I found attractive in a different way ( I know I didn't feel any "butterflies in my stomach" around that asshole). He asked me out out of pity. people said they listened to the music they listened to, stalked their Instagram account and other social media accounts, READ THE BOOKS THEY READ (WTF?) and other stupid shit. I can understand being in love, but that seems a bit excessive! But there's always the thought that I'll experience romantic attraction when you go on dates (or maybe I won't and that'll be a whole ordeal in and of itself for me).  I wonder if my wanting a relationship is 'cause I LOVED Disney as a kid. I've always wanted a wedding but I'm starting to wonder if that's because society's told everyone that weddings are fun and pretty and love is SO GREAT and so that means you should want one too! I've never gone someplace where I knew that someone I found sexually attractive was there and tried to impress them, which I guess is a sign that I might not be very "romantically inclined"? Idk. It's been awhile since I last posted and I still got no fucking clue what's going on??? Any help y'all could give me as aro's yourselves?????

Sorry for the long-ass rant!

i read those descriptions, and i related to a few for squishes and a few for sexual attraction, like this one: "Most of the time, you’ll try and avoid them and just stare at their beautiful face from afar." ? the guy i'm into, whenever i see him i totally check him out, i think i'm pretty slick though.  mostly it's watching him play tennis (so he's not looking at me) and i'm just thinking 'nice serve, nice face, nice shot, nice abs.'  if he walked right by me i'd have a hard time looking at him or greeting him casually.  and i try to look good if i know i'll be seeing him, which, @wintergreentictac, you said you don't even do. 

and i want a wedding but not a spouse, just the dress and party.

and i started identifying as aro at 17, i'm now 22 and still haven't felt romantic attraction.  of course, you can only know your experiences up until this point, and if you feel that the term 'aromantic' reflects them, go for it, and if that changes, that's fine.

not sure how helpful that was, feel free to ask me any questions.