wiki page

Hi!

I was wondering if anybody here add a wikipedia account or know how to modify a page? I just noticed that the page about LGBT symbols don't talk about aromanticism. They present the flags of the different communities, and other symbols. This is true for the English page and the French page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_symbols#Subculture_flags

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symboles_LGBT

Now, I don't know LGBT community enough to know if the lists here are supposed to be exhaustive, or if it misses other identities (I think polyamory too, I don't know for other). But as they present the flag of asexuality, it sounds like they don't make the difference between the two. Personnaly I felt erased when I saw it.

Do you have thoughts about it?

• Like 2

In the english page, the aro flag make a cameo at the bottom. ? Nice…. ?

28 minutes ago, nonmerci said:

But as they present the flag of asexuality, it sounds like they don't make the difference between the two

Well, they don't mention aromantism (or even romantic attraction). In the french page, for asexuality, they say something like "It includes several sexual and romantic orientation that are related to asexuality" (Il regroupe plusieurs orientations sexuelles et romantiques qui se rattachent à l'asexualité) , is that what you mean? I dont see anything wrong in the english page (for the asexual flag's definition at least)

(i don't have an account that being said… )

12 hours ago, Cristal Gris said:

It includes several sexual and romantic orientation that are related to asexuality" (Il regroupe plusieurs orientations sexuelles et romantiques qui se rattachent à l'asexualité)

Well it implies that they are aromanticism is linked to asexuality, but you can be aro and not ace.

11 hours ago, Tagor said:

There are more things wrong with aromanticism on wikipedia, and they have been a topic here, but I donÄt think anybody has changed anything yet

I didn't see it oops. Maybe I can create an account and change things in the French page, but my English is not good enough to write in the English page.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nonmerci said:

Well it implies that they are aromanticism is linked to asexuality, but you can be aro and not ace.

It sound like they describe the whole a-spectrum for asexuality, yeah.

Not a good thing, in any case. 

And the french page don't even have a link to aromantism. I checked "aromantique wikipedia" on google… I found the page for asexuality ? And the definition on the wikitionary. The definition is wrong anyway.….

23 hours ago, nonmerci said:

I just noticed that the page about LGBT symbols don't talk about aromanticism. They present the flags of the different communities, and other symbols.

What symbols do you think should be added? Besides the flag.

It looks like there's no Aromanticism page, but searching "aromantic" does bring you to the Aromanticism subsection on the Romantic Orientation page -- apparently as a result of @DavidMS703 trying to make a page? ...So it could be helpful if people could compile some sources and ideas for what to put on the page, besides just a definition. What do y'all think could be added to expand it?

• Thanks 1

Maybe some links to pages with people talking about their experiences? A linked to AUREA too, mentionning it was greatest recently?

About symbols,  arrows maybe, and I heard about white rings.