purple- asexuality
green-aromanticism
white- community
blue-aplatonic
grey-spectrum of identities.

what do people think? ♥

tumblr_puxznt7P9a1vxi8g3o1_540.png

• Like 3

I like it. Simple,  and I like the meaning of the colours (and the colours )

I am curious to know what other a-spec think about it.

It's a pretty flag. :) I like that you chose six stripes - it departs from both the aro and ace flags and makes it unique. The greater number of stripes also makes sense for a big community.

I think the grey could maybe be a little lighter to better differentiate it from the black (perhaps #999999) but it's otherwise nice in terms of contrast. The green and purple might be a bit too much of a contrast, but for me personally, only the green is a little too bright.

One thing I'm worried about is that the inclusion of blue makes it look similar to @Magni's aroace flag.

In general, though, there is a longstanding debate about what should be used as a-spec (umbrella) flag colours vs. aroace (specific identity) flag colours. So as far as I'm concerned, you can do whatever you want hahaha.

There are a few other a-spec flags out there, yes. I compiled a post of the ones I knew of recently HERE.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, running.tally said:

The green and purple might be a bit too much of a contrast, but for me personally, only the green is a little too bright.

aspec_flagsb.png?width=421&height=421
I made this version too originally which may help the contrast a little, but also makes it look a little more like the aroace flag?

Note : the brightness of the colours… depend if you are on mobile or on your laptop. For me, at least.

2 hours ago, eOrion said:

I made this version too originally which may help the contrast a little, but also makes it look a little more like the aroace flag?

It look like one of the aroace flags with a black strip, now that i think about it…

3 hours ago, Cristal Gris said:

Note : the brightness of the colours… depend if you are on mobile or on your laptop. For me, at least.

Brightness is a good point! I have my phone and laptop on low brightness always so, i guess its a little less bright for me whoops

21 hours ago, eOrion said:

I made this, as a basic concept for an aspec flag

Black - lack of attraction
purple- asexuality
green-aromanticism
white- community
blue-aplatonic
grey-spectrum of identities.

what do people think? ♥

tumblr_puxznt7P9a1vxi8g3o1_540.png

I love it! Think the grey can be lighter  but otherwise this looks awesome! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, eOrion said:

Brightness is a good point! I have my phone and laptop on low brightness always so, i guess its a little less bright for me whoops

For me, the colours are more saturated on my phone. It's not just brightness. Right now i am on my laptop and it look alright. But again, that's just me ^^ 

That being said, maybe the grey could be just a bit lighter, i agree. 

I agree with the gray being lighter. 

I'm very used to the "iconic" aro green and ace purple, so I'm not a huge fan of the green and purple you chose, but I can see it growing on me in the future. Another possible option, (and this might also help to distinguish it from an aroace-as-a-specific-identity flag, would be to use the alternate aro green (and by analogy, make an alternate ace purple)? I'll explain by referencing variation 4 from running.tally's list of flags.

tumblr_inline_pr0f4troou1qmskm7_500.png

Numbering the colors 1-5 from top to bottom, I'd call colors 1 and 5 the primary aro and ace colors because of how widespread their usage is. (And also, most people use only 1 and 5 for making a specific-aroace flag). If instead you opted to use colors 2 and 4 (alternate aro and alternate ace), they'd have some sense of familiarity since they're (well, the alternate aro, at least) found in flags, but also a sense of something new (and if you wanted to read into symbolism, you could say that the choice of alternates is a reminder to talk about the narratives that most people ignore).

• Like 3

Sorry for the question but what is aplatonic?

I like the idea of an A-spec flag, mainly because L has a flag, G has a flag, B has a flag (etc etc without painfully listing), irrespective of talking about romantic attraction or sexual attraction. I agree about the colours though - the typical purple and green of ace and aro respectively should be used. I didn't even know there was an aroace specific flag, I would have guessed that aroace would be half aro flag and half ace flag in some way, and I don't necessarily see how this can't be used for A-Spec more generally. Just my 2 cents! ?