eOrion

Disability and Neurodivergence

Disability & Neurodivergence  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are you disabled and/or neurodiverse? 

Can I ask about mental illness? Where do it go (if it even fit in the list) . Because peoples can't agree on that it seem. Sometime they say it's a neurodivergeance, sometime not so i want to ask you what you think about it. (i mean… i can be healed and it's actually an illness, so…it is really a neurodivergeance?). And sometime they say it's a disability. Idk

8 minutes ago, Cristal Gris said:

Can I ask about mental illness? Where do it go (if it even fit in the list) . Because peoples can't agree on that it seem. Sometime they say it's a neurodivergeance, sometime not so i want to ask you what you think about it. (i mean… i can be healed and it's actually an illness, so…it is really a neurodivergeance?). And sometime they say it's a disability. Idk

Hmm fair question! I'd say under neurodivergence, as thats how I identify my mental illness, but, for ease; I've added a mental illness option if that makes it easier :) 

• Like 1

Just now, eOrion said:

Hmm fair question! I'd say under neurodivergence, as thats how I identify my mental illness, but, for ease; I've added a mental illness option if that makes it easier :) 

Alright ! Thank you !

• Like 1

I have severe ADHD, ARFID, inappropriate sinus tachycardia, and anaphylaxis.

• Like 1

I said I suspected, because I never see a therapist (not enough money,  plus in France we are late for these questions).

• Like 1

I have problems with anxiety and depression. I suspect I may have ADHD, but I could never tell my parents that to actually get any kind of treatment or even an evaluation.

I have ADHD and I suspect I'm somewhere on or near the autism spectrum. I think this intersects with aromanticism. There's just so much I don't get about neurotypical people! :D I think my neurodivergence makes me a bit more analytical and a bit of an outsider.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 12:35 PM, Cristal Gris said:

I don't personally like to conflate mental illness with neurodivergence since it's different to have Autism for example than it is to have anxiety, it also waters down just how much neurological disabilities can affect those who live with them beyond their mental health. 

I have Autism. I do believe that it does play a role in my lack of understanding when it comes to romantic attraction, and it does for autistic alloromantics as well I'm sure. I also think that some autistic asexuals may feel this way about sexual attraction. I also have trouble making friends, am touch averse (unless I really trust you), and I do get more stressed when I'm not alone. 

3 hours ago, TripleA said:

I don't personally like to conflate mental illness with neurodivergence since it's different to have Autism for example than it is to have anxiety, it also waters down just how much neurological disabilities can affect those who live with them beyond their mental health. 

I understand that and i agree. I am just a bit confused about how some peoples use it ^^ Sometime, they put the two together so i prefered to ask

• Like 1

depression.  i also put neurodiverse (although i think it's 'neurodivergent') because it's defined as having a brain which functions differently from an average, healthy brain.  with chronic depression, that's what's happening.  and about 7% of people have it.  if that weren't enough, i'm gifted, which only about 2% of people are.  so that's unhealthy, and above average.