giraffes running on high heels towards the sunset

Hi! I wandered on this forum for months and finally I decided to subscribe, 'cause I've been to the Gay Pride in my city and there wasn't any aromantic stuff and I dunno any aromantic people, so here I am, ready to share some aromantic thoughts with this lovely community! (or at least try, I'm like super shy, gh--)

I discovered aromantic is a thing just this year, like few months ago, thanks to some comments under the song "Love love love" on youtube by a bunch of people talking about how the song is "for aromantics" and I was triggered, so I asked google and UOH, a new world disclosed in front of me!! (I'm guessing sort of everybody had a mindblowing moment like mine, lol)

SO, hi, I'm an aromantic-maybe-asexual-or-at-least-greysexual giraffes lover, I'm from Italy (so I beg your pardon for my english), I'm a free-lance artist and comic artist wannabe, I hate when people put love before friendship, I like to ship fictional characters but lack of interest as long as they get togheter, aaand... uhm what else... I love you all in the community (not romantically, ehe) 'cause I read lots of your stuff here and I already feel at home!! ❤️

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. I never realized how similar I felt when friends "put love before friendship". 

I guess I get it. They're infatuated with new bae. But yeah it's disappointing. Like you JUST met them! Take it slow with them, give them time. no?

I don't know , maybeI don't get it. I'm turning 30 next month and I've never been in a relationship but that's the way I want it to be.

yay, thank you all!! And the ice cream seems a wonderfult welcome gist, i already like you guys, ahahah

On 7/3/2019 at 6:16 AM, Kyle said:

Interesting. I never realized how similar I felt when friends "put love before friendship". 

I guess I get it. They're infatuated with new bae. But yeah it's disappointing. Like you JUST met them! Take it slow with them, give them time. no?

Well, I guess it's more like people tends to think that love is more important to them than friendship, sadly :/ 

• Like 1