Am I count as aromantic if

orel0050

I do want to be in a relationship that based on intimacy and care. Like I do want(at least I think I want) someone to care about me and live with me. Like someone that I can sometimes kiss and  cuddle, but I don't really need all the "I will die for you" part (more of a strong care and empathy toward me, not obsession or something like that). 

• Like 2

You count as aromantic if you don't feel romantic attraction or only in some specific case (in case you're grey aromantic.). If you want an intimate relationship, you can still be aro. Even if you want to kiss, cuddle and live with them.

That being said, don't ask me what romantic attraction is ?

I'm in a similar position and I personally just don't really care if I "count" as aromantic. It's so hard to define romantic attraction (we tried it in this post) that I can't ever know that i don't experience it. If I one day feel something I recognize as romantic attraction I know I'm not aromantic but up to that point I'll just label as (questioning) aromantic.

However, this might be easier for me than for others as me being a male nerd with bad conversation skills severely limits the odds of somebody falling in love with me and thus the chance of having to handle difficult situations.

(Right now my contingency plan for somebody falling in love with me is to tell her that I'm probably aromantic and then (if I think it could work) ask if she still wants a relationship (I've got a pretty high romance tolerance, so it might work)).

But deciding whether one is aromantic is something everybody has to figure out for themselves as only you know what you feel.

• Thanks 1