Tea thread

DeltaAro

3 hours ago, bananaslug said:

I'm a big fan of the Dimond Jubilee tea blend.

So that’s a blend, right? Who produces it?

3 hours ago, bananaslug said:

I have a pretty big selection of teas!

All black? Or also green and white?

12 hours ago, DeltaV said:

So that’s a blend, right? Who produces it?

Oh a lot of different companies make it! The blend was created to celebrate Elizabeth II being on the throne for 60 years, so a lot of different tea producers sell it, but most of them are from Commonwealth countries. I usually go up to Canada to buy it when I need more since I'm right by the U.S/Canada border, but you can also get it online in a few places. 

12 hours ago, DeltaV said:

All black? Or also green and white?

Mostly black teas, but some green and white (although most of those are gifts from other people since I don't really drink green and white teas). I also have a lot of berry teas because that's what's most of the local farmers here sell, but I tend to save those for making ice tea in the summer. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 7:42 AM, Ace of Amethysts said:

I haven't had much tea, although I love coffee.

“Aren’t you drinking?”

“I never drink… coffee.”

On 5/12/2019 at 6:30 AM, Arostar said:

Oolong tea and raspberry tea are good in my opinion

Raspberry tea is not camellia sinensis. Bad!

Oolong is good, though I like it more on the black side.

I like the true milky oolong.

• Haha 1

Today I tried a tea from Nepal and one from the Nilgiri region. The Nepal tasted exactly like a Darjeeling, and the Nilgiri exactly like a high grown Ceylon. Probably I overestimated my skills as a tea connoisseur.

On 5/15/2019 at 5:28 AM, DeltaV said:

Oolong is good, though I like it more on the black side.

I love oolong!

Oolong and Jasmine are pretty much the only camellia sinensis tea I drink (though if I can get my hands on my mother's expensive white tea I do drink that too, I forget the name but it is amazingly creamy on the tongue) 

I have a range of other infusions and 'teas' that I drink because oolong isn't for all occasions :) (either herbs or rooibos)

The oolong I am right into now is the Shui Hsien/Shui Xian/Narcissus which was presented to me by a tea matcher because I used to live near a fancy fancy Chinese tea shop. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Jasmine and African Breakfast are my two favorites, and I also never drink....coffee. I gotta be careful about how often I drink those two because if I drink it too often, I'll get sick of them, and I won't be able to drink 'em for a while.

I love love love tea but I do also really enjoy coffee. I always have so many different kinds of tea on hand but I particularly enjoy spiced black teas like chai and fruity/hibiscus herbal teas. This year I'm working on starting a tea garden! I'm going to try to grow lavender and mint. We'll see how it goes!

• 1 year later...

Oh I love tea. Coffee I can have one of in the morning but it makes me too energetic to focus on anything.

Tea is my absolute favourite. I am very new to the idea of herbal teas or any of that though so I have a habit of putting milk in them on instinct then regretting my life choices.

• 1 year later...

I do not know much about British tea(s), or other types of teas. But I'm not a fan of the chai (whether it be separate chai or mix chai) that is drunk here in Pakistan/south Asia, nor do I particularly like doodh pati (a form of chai, one might say).

As for coffee, I like it, and drink it occasionally, or I seldom drink it. Somewhere between the two.
Turkish qava is nice. 

Also, after drinking Black coffee for the first time a while ago, I am afraid I can no longer go back to other forms of coffee drinks.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Harvest said:

Does anyone else here like Arizona tea?

The ice tea? 😋

On 11/8/2022 at 9:23 AM, Storm_leopardcat said:

I do not know much about British tea(s), or other types of teas.

So do you mean blends like "English breakfast tea" or Indian teas? Obviously the blending is the only thing that actually happens in Britain. Not the growing. 🙃 But blends usually have a lower quality than pure teas.

Pure teas from India should be called Indian teas, IMHO.

High quality Darjeeling 2nd flush remains my favorite. I like it even more than Chinese blacks (though they have a higher prestige).

On 11/8/2022 at 9:23 AM, Storm_leopardcat said:

But I'm not a fan of the chai (whether it be separate chai or mix chai) that is drunk here in Pakistan/south Asia, nor do I particularly like doodh pati (a form of chai, one might say).

I only know Indian chai, which is heavily flavored with cardamom, cinnamon etc.

They mostly use a very poor quality CTR black tea for this. But it doesn't matter anyway with this enormous amount of spices.

A cheap but actually very great black tea sold in Middle Eastern countries is Do Ghazal Tea (from Ceylon).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DeltaAro said:

So do you mean blends like "English breakfast tea" or Indian teas? Obviously the blending is the only thing that actually happens in Britain. Not the growing. 🙃 But blends usually have a lower quality than pure teas.

I mean the drink that is considered tea in Britain. Basically just boiled water with tea leaves and maybe some sugar, if I recall correctly?
And by other teas I mean stuff like Earl Grey, Oolong, White tea, etc.