Sign in to follow this  
Holmbo

The aromantic and asexual character database book discussion

Recently I've been using the

Aromantic and asexual characters database to find books with explicitly aromantic characters.

Have anyone else used this guide and how did you like the books you found through it? Any recommendations or warnings?

• Like 1

The first book I read was Chameleon Moon by Rosanna Sylver. Unfortunately the database was unclear that it was actually the second book in the series that contained an aro character. So I spent the whole read through thinking Who is it! The book was enjoyable in some ways but too mysterious for me

It's about some people with kinda x-men powers who are trapped in a burning city.

After that I read Hullmetal girls by Emily Skrutskie which takes place on a fleet of generation ships. The story follows two young women who sign up to be surgically enhanced into war machines. This one I liked. It went darker then I expected though. The aromanticism is not a huge part of the story but one of the women is explicitly aro ace.

Then I'm currently reading Novis by Rachel Tonks Hill. This one I'm torn about because I really like the aro content but I find the rest of the plot pretty boring. It's mainly about killing alien monsters it seems. I have only read a bit more than half way through.

• Like 1