sennkestra

Arocalpse 101 Page Status

This is a question for whoever currently manages the non-forum parts of arocalypse - 

When I was looking up aro resources pages a few weeks ago, I accidentally stumbled upon the Arocalypse 101 page section, which I had no idea even existed until now. However, I also noticed that these pages aren't accessible from the main arocalypse site (going to arocalypse.com redirects straight to the forums, which have no mention of the 101 pages that I can find) - so you have to kind of know they already exist to find them. 

Does anyone know whether these pages are still active, or are they more just a historical artifactand/or something still under contruction? 

Or, for my actual question, should I avoid including these arocalypse 101 pages in resource lists for now? I'm not sure if they were hidden for a reason or if it was just an accident of site remodeling over time

I tried using the contact form in that section but didn't get a response, which is part of what makes me wonder if they may just be archived pages that don't have up to date information or functionality. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sennkestra said:

When I was looking up aro resources pages a few weeks ago, I accidentally stumbled upon the Arocalypse 101 page section, which I had no idea even existed until now. However, I also noticed that these pages aren't accessible from the main arocalypse site (going to arocalypse.com redirects straight to the forums, which have no mention of the 101 pages that I can find) - so you have to kind of know they already exist to find them. 

Does anyone know whether these pages are still active, or are they more just a historical artifactand/or something still under contruction? 

Good question. Especially considering that the format of these pages seems different from the rest of the site and there's a PHP error.

This page seems to be left over from the early days of arocalypse. www.arocalypse.com/index was the main site of the old arocalypse forum and I suspect it was intended to keep links to the old site alive. It might well have been forgotten as it is the only part of the website which uses wordpress.

If the contact form is causing php errors, I can look into that. But I'm not really sure what the form is for. :) The information there was written several years ago and not kept up to date. Is there information there that seems wrong?

My intent is indeed for the default url to bring everybody to these forums, but I suppose I could make it more clear that the other pages exist. Can you think of a good way to do that without annoying the aro veterans of the board?

32 minutes ago, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

My intent is indeed for the default url to bring everybody to these forums, but I suppose I could make it more clear that the other pages exist. Can you think of a good way to do that without annoying the aro veterans of the board?

Are you able to add to the navigation tabs up top? --those things that say "Forums," "Leaderboard," and "Chatbox"?

...Actually, on that note, it might also make sense to make the Discord server link more prominent or easier to get to, as well.

• Like 2

That's a pretty good idea, I'll see if I can do something like that.

As for the Discord server, I don't run that. It's not officially associated with the site.

Well, the menu item was super easy to add after all, and it looks pretty nice. :)

• Like 1