Where are you from?

It would be nice to have a meetup, maybe like a local topic?  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion said:

yay! Hello fellow kiwi. I live in Wellington usually, how about you?

Currently Rotorua, but Wellington is (and probably always will be home).

Hypothetically, if someone on this forum thought they might know you, not properly know but like, had met before, would you want to know about it (or would that be a huge nope moment)? Purely hypothetically ofc.

39 minutes ago, Saaaro said:

Currently Rotorua, but Wellington is (and probably always will be home).

Hypothetically, if someone on this forum thought they might know you, not properly know but like, had met before, would you want to know about it (or would that be a huge nope moment)? Purely hypothetically ofc.

I would love to know, I haven't met an aro before that I was aware of, I warn you though that Susan is quite a common name so (hypothetically of course :D ) it might well not have been me

15 minutes ago, Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion said:

I would love to know, I haven't met an aro before that I was aware of, I warn you though that Susan is quite a common name so (hypothetically of course :D ) it might well not have been me

Well yes, that is true. Any chance you've got a friends 25th party in Wellington/Otaki next weekend?

39 minutes ago, Saaaro said:

Well yes, that is true. Any chance you've got a friends 25th party in Wellington/Otaki next weekend?

Nope it isn't me :( At least it doesn't sound like me if who you think I am is going to a 25th, I can't think of anyone I know turning 25. 

Just now, Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion said:

Nope it isn't me :( At least it doesn't sound like me if who you think I am is going to a 25th, I can't think of anyone I know turning 25. 

It might've been a bit of a long shot =P. Cool to finally have another Kiwi around anyways. Especially a Wellingtonian =D

I wonder why you didn't stalk each other on AVEN way before Arocalypse was recreated :P

To clarify, I'm not in Maryland, my previous post was just a pun. The Overlord surely knows where I am (by the IP address) but hopefully won't tell it :P 

34 minutes ago, aroMa(n)tisse said:

I wonder why you didn't stalk each other on AVEN way before Arocalypse was recreated :P

To clarify, I'm not in Maryland, my previous post was just a pun. The Overlord surely knows where I am (by the IP address) but hopefully won't tell it :P 

I doubt phoenix would even look at the IP addresses of members unless there was a serious breach of the ToS.

5 minutes ago, Louis Hypo said:

I'm from a country now on its death bed.

If Britain used the same system to carry out referendums as Australia did, Britain would probably still be in the EU. Just sayin.

@Zemaddog I know how the ranking system works in your country but there were only 2 options in this vote so that wouldn't make a difference. Although if we adopted your system for last year's general election, Labour could be in office which would stop this vote from happening at all. Also I'm not anti-democracy, but today proved that democracy gets in the way of progress.

Just now, Louis Hypo said:

@Zemaddog I know how the ranking system works in your country but there were only 2 options in this vote so that wouldn't make a difference. Although if we adopted your system for last year's general election, Labour could be in office which would stop this vote from happening at all. Also I'm not anti-democracy, but today proved that democracy gets in the way of progress.

No I'm more talking about how in Australia a double majority is needed for a referendum to pass. In Australia that means that not only do at least 50% of the entire population have to be for, but also 4 out of the 6 states have to have a majority vote. In the case of Britain leaving the EU, that would mean that 3 out of the 4 countries would have had to have a majority for, which was not the case. Both Scotland and Northern Ireland had a majority voting for remaining in the EU.

1 minute ago, Zemaddog said:

No I'm more talking about how in Australia a double majority is needed for a referendum to pass. In Australia that means that not only do at least 50% of the entire population have to be for, but also 4 out of the 6 states have to have a majority vote. In the case of Britain leaving the EU, that would mean that 3 out of the 4 countries would have had to have a majority for, which was not the case. Both Scotland and Northern Ireland had a majority voting for remaining in the EU.

Ok that is much much, incredibly, undeniably better!

Also when I said democracy gets in the way of progress, I meant old people who only have 20 years max left fucking it up for everyone who has to live with it for 80 years by voting out.

Archived