Carnival of Aros round 2: It's great to be aro!

While I had a fair bit of criticism for how the Carnival of Aros kicked off, I'm a big believer in being the positive change you want to see in the world. To that end, @bydontost and I volunteered to host the March 2019 Carnival of Aros at our new Dreamwidth community, https://aromanticism.dreamwidth.org/!

The call for submissions and full details are here, but the theme we've chosen is It's great to be aro! and the prompts we've suggested to kick things off are:

• A time I was glad I was aro
  • Reasons I love my identity
  • The best thing about the aro community
  • What things have improved for aros?
  • How can we improve aro experiences even more?

Of course you're not just limited to these exact prompts - anything you want to create about the positive sides of being aro is welcome. You can also post anywhere you like - just drop us a link by commenting on the call for submissions (no account required) and we'll make sure to promote your submission and include it in the end-of-month round-up!

55 minutes ago, Holmbo said:

I don't understand what a carnival is.

From the details linked in the first post:

What's a blogging festival?
It's an event where people are encouraged to create and share content related to prompts on a given topic. As the hosts we'll be promoting everyone's content here on this blog, and at the end of the month we'll post a round-up collection of everything that has been submitted.

If you want to make a submission but don't have your own blog/website to post something, feel free to send it to me or @bydontost and we'll post it for you on Dreamwidth :)

1 hour ago, eatingcroutons said:

From the details linked in the first post:

What's a blogging festival?
It's an event where people are encouraged to create and share content related to prompts on a given topic. As the hosts we'll be promoting everyone's content here on this blog, and at the end of the month we'll post a round-up collection of everything that has been submitted.

If you want to make a submission but don't have your own blog/website to post something, feel free to send it to me or @bydontost and we'll post it for you on Dreamwidth :)

if you need further clarification, @Holmbo a post compiling all submissions for the February topic has been posted here: https://taaap.org/2019/03/02/february-2019-carnival-round-up-the-relationship-between-the-aro-and-ace-communities/ , hopefully it can help to make sense of the whole initiative

On 3/3/2019 at 12:23 PM, bydontost said:

a post compiling all submissions for the February topic has been posted here: https://taaap.org/2019/03/02/february-2019-carnival-round-up-the-relationship-between-the-aro-and-ace-communities/ , hopefully it can help to make sense of the whole initiative

It was quite interesting reading these.

Archived