12 days of non romantic love! A little February post-valentines day challenge I thought I would do :D

Hey everyone! So this just popped into my mind recently, but I thought it would be fun if we could do kinda like a “12 days of Christmas” deal, but instead of Christmas, it’s valentines day! I thought for the next 12 days, aros can write down and express platonic/aesthetic attraction and love towards something. I’m gonna write down some of the ideas I had for what you can do for each day until feb 14, and I was hoping some of you could participate! So here’s the list:

Day 1: what color/colors do you love most and why?

Day 2: what is your favorite food and why?

Day 3: what is your favorite animal/animals and why?

Day 4: what do you love most about your friend/friends and why?

Day 5: what type of chocolate/candy do you love most and why?

Day 6: why do you love being with your friends/family?

Day 7: what band/musician/genre of music do you love and why?

Day 8: what tv show/anime do you love most and why?

Day 9: what movie do you love most and why?

Day 10: what do you love most about your family?

Day 11: what aesthetic do you love and why?

Day 12: why do you love your family and friends, what are some of your favorite memories or activities you did with them that you love and cherish? 

For my favorite color, I just really adore the colors blue and grey. Something about blue is just so beautiful in my eyes and every time I look at the color (especially a cyan blue) I’ll become quite happy. Grey to me is such a calming color, I’m really drawn to grey colored bedrooms and couches and things of sorts :) 

you sint ahve ti do this challenge if you don’t want, but I thought it would be a fun way to express our non romantic love and appreciation for certain things, and why it’s just as important :) I think this will be fun! Thank you for reading this ?

My favorite colors are blue and green. Blue is a nice relaxing color associated with the sky and ocean, and green is a beautiful color associated with nature and the pride color most associated with being aromantic.

@DavidMS703 ah yes same here! Blue is just so soothing. And yea, my appreciation for green has become a lot strong we after discovering my aromanticism :) @Zorcodtoa It’s ok I understand, sorry I know that question can get annoying XD and oh cool I’ve never had that before! Sounds delicous though 

@NotHeartless ah thank you so much! *hug* ? and that’s a really good choice, pasta bake is amazing :D as for my favorite food, I would have to say curry. I just love curry of all kinds, yellow, green, Japanese etc. it’s so aromatic (lol) and it tastes unlike anything I’ve ever really had before. Thank you for responding :D

It's hard to pick one favorite food because there are so many things I like. I like seafood and lots of seafood dishes, also lots of Asian food, especially noodle dishes. I don't really have a specific reason, I just like the taste and texture of those things.

I think my favorite animal is my pet dog. In general I really like dogs and cats because they are the type of animal I can actually interact with which makes them better company for me than most other animals.

My favorite animal is the turtle - various types of it. I just like their appearance and nature, their shell, their amazing lifespan and their behaviour in the wild.
Oh, and I could die from the cuteness of new hatched turtles.

I don't have that many friends, but I have a few who are very supportive of the way I am. I think their support for me the way I am is what I appreciate most, especially in this world where so many people don't understand me and a significant number would consider me broken for not having romantic feelings.

@DavidMS703 great answers! And aw, well it’s always better to have a few friends that truly accept you opposed to a lot of friends that think your weird. I hope you continue to do better, this society can be super tough on us but I’m rooting for you ? @NotHeartless ahh I agree baby turtles are so cute! :D

Btw everyone sorry for not posting the days! I’ve been busy lately and forgot, but I’ll  recap later today sorry about that :)

Ok, for day 4: what I love most about my friends is that I'm able to laugh wholeheartedly with them and the certainty they always have my back.
For two of my closest friends, I could write a whole book on what I like/love about them ^_^

well I'm late to the party....It is a really fun idea though! 

I sort of avoid chocolate and candy. I am not a sweet tooth. However there is one chocolate I go out of my way for and I love being given, that is Haighs Strawberry and Pepperberry. The pepperberry adds a cool spiciness (imagine that mint had a baby with a mild chilli, then that baby eloped with some strawberry cream). There is nothing like it anywhere else. 

But a really honest answer about my favourite candy would have to be Chinese Hickory Flavour Sunflower Seeds, they aren't sweet per se...but they are addictive and flavoursome and they smell so good and taste so good and there is skill to eating them that makes me feel competently skilled (lol, ego boost food). 

I love being with friends or family mainly because I feel more supported and less alone with them. I enjoy doing fun activities with them as well as just talking to them.

I don't have so much a preferred type of music as liking individual songs, but I think a lot of what I like is modern pop, though that might be mainly because it's what I've heard the most of on the radio.

Day 7: I tend to listen to a really wide range of music - from pop charts to classical music, soft and hard tones. I can appreciate them all.
My evergreens are Coldplay, Within Temptation, Queen, Pink Floyd, Mika, Gary Moore and Frank Sinatra.
I love them because their lyrics touch my soul, speak to my spirit and make me experience another realm of reality.

I like a lot of different shows, but a lot of my favorites are detective and cop shows. I really like the detective shows Monk and Columbo, and also The Wire. I find the mysteries interesting as well as watching how the two sides try to win against each other.

I have sort of lost the count, but my maths works it out as day 9(?maybe?) 

Tough one to answer for me.....well as of right now, this week, it has to be Final Destination 5. I love it when movies are full of self referential Easter eggs, and as I just managed to find a copy to own I can now pause and rewind to my heart's content to try and find them all.

I find it hard to pick one movie. I like a lot of Hitchcock movies, some I can think of right now are North by Northwest and Vertigo. Those movies have interesting stuff happening throughout with lots of plot twists. I also like a lot of Studio Ghibli movies such as Spirited Away which also have really interesting stories as well as great animation. And one I think I should definitely mention is the Disney/Pixar movie Brave because of it's seemingly aromantic protagonist who (Spoiler alert!) basically manages to fix the system that was trying to force her to get married and gets to live the way she wants to. Given all the amatonormativity in lots of movies, I think it's great that a movie like that was made with a protagonist who has no interest in romance or marriage and actually fights for the right not to marry.

I think what I love most about my family is just that they have been there for me and been relatively supportive as I've been figuring myself and my life out. I know there are some families that would still be continuing to tell me I wasn't really aromantic and should be looking for a romantic relationship, so I'm glad to have a family that supports me and treats me as valid even if it did take them some time to get there.

On 2/10/2019 at 9:29 PM, DavidMS703 said:

I like a lot of Hitchcock movies

he's brilliant, i've seen like 20 of his.  my favourite is dial m for murder.  i also love rear window and shadow of a doubt.

I forgot to post yesterday, but I think my favorite aesthetic is the combination of dark blue and light gray. I find that aesthetic relaxing and also familiar since the combination of blue seats and carpeting and other things that are light gray is common in places and vehicles where I've been.

And for today, I think some of my favorite memories with family are trips I've been on with them, to different parts of the U. S., Canada, and Italy. These have been fun experiences that we were able to enjoy together.

Archived