This warm feeling, whatcha call it?

AutistAro

Back in my first year of uni, I had a class with a close friend. We would sit in the front row all the time. And then she and I would play, I guess, like footsie? We’d bump our legs over and over, or she would rest hers over mine. Her right leg and my left one lol. It was a simple act, nothing aggressive. And everytime we did this, I felt this warmth in my belly. I felt at peace. 

And as soon as we were out of the class, we parted ways. We never talked about anything deep. Nothing touchy-feely. 

But I haven’t felt that warmth since then. Even when we meet up once in a blue moon (we’re both busy and rarely meet up anymore), I don’t...feel that warmth when we hug. I just feel...on edge. Like, I’d like to be cuddly with her, but i can’t make the first move. I’ve told her about the warm feeling though, haha. She wasn’t weirded out. I just wonder why I don’t feel that warmth anymore ;-;. It was a nice feeling! Very comforting.

Anyone else ever feel this?  

Aw it seems like you and this girl were very good friends! I think that "warm" feeling is because you felt comfortable around her, she was a close friend and you cherished being with her. I think one reason you may not feel that "warmth" anymore is due to you parting ways for so long. Many times, when people part ways for a long amount of time, the emotional connection can fade when they are distanced. It doesn't mean you don't care about her anymore, it just means that since you both don't have as strong of bond as you once did, it may have faded. I hoped this helped :)

!! @Anything_but_allo That...makes a lot of sense actually! I was worried the warmth went away cuz I didn't care about her anymore ? I thought maybe, if you didn't feel anything for the people you supposedly care about, you don't actually care. ? 

There is still much to learn about human emotions lol. Thanks for replying ? ?

Human emotions can be rather fluctuating. It's normal, don't worry.
Sometimes we know with the mind someone is important to us, sometimes our feelings hit out but our brain doesn't get it.
The situation you experienced happened to me similarly.
I lost that warm feeling with one of my closest friends, too. It used to be more intense.
There was a period of time I didn't see him as often, since then the feeling is gone.
The possibility is high you'd regain the warmth if you two were able to spend more time together again.
In my case, I'm seeing said friend more regularly again and I just feel how much I enjoy his company at the moment. 
Even if you don't miss someone it doesn't mean you don't care about about them anymore.
But it's sometimes hard to notice who's important to you especially when your mind is occupied with many other things.

I would call the warm feeling exactly it: expression of platonic attraction/liking the person for the way they are and enjoying their company.

11 hours ago, AutistAro said:

!! @Anything_but_allo That...makes a lot of sense actually! I was worried the warmth went away cuz I didn't care about her anymore ? I thought maybe, if you didn't feel anything for the people you supposedly care about, you don't actually care. ? 

There is still much to learn about human emotions lol. Thanks for replying ? ?

Yea no worries! And everyone’s emotions and the ways they feel love are different, they vary from person to person. You can care about someone still without feeling a “warmth.” And yea, human emotions are weird! You’re welcome ?

Archived