running.tally

Psychology Today's Article on Aromanticism

This is something positive I came across recently. I'm not sure if it has been shared here before, but here is what they say about aros: https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/living-single/201710/s-so-aromantic

In particular, I find it cool that they explain that not all aros are also ace and vice versa. There are probably a few things missing, but in general I found it helpful that this page even exists on such a widely-used website. It's encouraging when I think about mental health professionals potentially seeing and acknowledging things like this.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Looks like this post HAS been brought up before! But I cannot figure out how to delete this post. So, I guess if you haven't seen the article, feel free to share your thoughts!

• Like 3

DePaulo has written a lot about adults who are happy living single (and used various terms over the years). I definitely recommend her TED talk which breaks down many of the myths society tries to teach us about how marriage supposedly makes people happier/healthier/whatever!

• Like 1

I haven't read it before so thanks! I like this article, it is good that psychologists don't think that asexuality or aromanticism is something that needs to be fixed.

• Like 1