Squish? QPR? Help?

Recently, I've gotten a lot closer with my friend. I've known him for years, but now we're cuddling and shit. It's great! We've discussed how great platonic cuddling is, so no worries there, but I think that I might have a squish on him. I think I had a squish a few years ago on someone who I was talking to for the first time and who I am now great friends with. But those feelings weren't as strong as these feelings. Since we got closer, I've seen him outside of school at least once a week, far more than I hang out with my other friends (I'm pretty introverted). But we haven't hung out by ourselves again, and I find myself wishing that we could just cuddle by ourselves instead of going anywhere with our other friends (probably also something that could be attributed to being touch-starved, but that's a whole other thing). I've even written a whole song about that first week we got closer (the perils of being friends with a songwriter lmao). Everything I write about it comes out sounding very cliche and romantic unless I specify that we're only friends. I don't know if this is a squish. I think it is? But I'm not sure. I don't think about him all the time, but sometimes stuff reminds me of him. I really want to cuddle more. I love hanging out with him - we have very similar senses of humor. I don't get butterflies in my stomach or whatever. I don't daydream about him. Having typed this all out, I'm even more certain that it's a squish. But I'm worried because he has a girlfriend. I don't know her that well and they only started dating recently. I've told him about the concept of QPRs and I've told him that that's probably my ideal type of relationship. I don't know if I want to be in a QPR with him though. For one, I feel like its very fast to ask, so I would probably ask in a few months or at least not, like, now.

I know this is a Whole Mess. Sorry for the incoherency. Basically I'm wondering how to tell if it's a squish or a QPR squish. Thanks.

Archived