Does aromanticism affect appearance?

nonmerci

On 12/3/2018 at 11:29 AM, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

I like to dress cute. I like to dress over the top. If men fall in love with me that's their fucking problem, not mine. I am GOING to wear pretty dresses and purple lipstick I'm not going to let amatonormative society stop me.

Same here babe! 

hmm i do like dressing up occasionally because i like to be like dang i look good and i really like fun bold styles. i always like bolder vs muted and stuff but its never to like attract anyone its just for fun. like makeup too, i don't do it often but when i do i'll go all out and i enjoy doing it. i used to practice weird designs and i've done a couple things for halloween, ( I can make a good cheetah makeup) and yeah fun stuff like that. but then there's days where i won't dress up for a while. i just never wear sweatpants in public or much in general because my parents put it in my head that its not acceptable haha. 

• 4 weeks later...

I usually don’t dress up too much but when I do it’s because I want to look good for myself. On a daily basis I things that are comfortable and a lot of times I wear things that until the hole(s) become too big because I hate buying new clothes. I only wear a little eyeliner but again because I like how it makes my eyes look. 

In the whole shower department I usually take one only a couple times a week and that is mainly because I get ice cream all over me due to my job. But I only wash my hair every few weeks. And I’ve always found shaving such a nuisance. When I was younger I would wear knee highs so no one would notice when I wouldn’t shave for a few weeks. Now I’ll go months without shaving or waxing (because I still find it super annoying to shave) and wear shorts and not care who sees how hairy my legs are. The only reason I do get it waxed off is because it starts to annoy me.

I'm aro but not ace, and I don't particularly care about how I look. I look a bit unkempt. I just dress in what I'm comfortable with and what I personally think looks good, but I don't think about it too much, and I don't really care what other people think or if they find me attractive.  I'm not particularly interested in getting sex or attracting people, so maybe I'd be more interested in my appearance if I cared about those things.

Archived