QPR Advice, please...?

Nikola

So, I'm in a QPR, but my QPP happens to be really clingy/possessive sometimes. I've been wanting to... ''break up''(? if that's the right word?) with them, but I'm a bit worried that they'll do something to themselves if I do. Every time I'm inactive, or if I even imply leaving, they start acting all depressed and upset, and desperately beg me to stay. I keep giving into staying with them, but It makes me really uncomfortable and I'm not quite sure what to do, especially since I don't have anyone else to talk to. I'm not even sure if this is an intentional thing or not, but I have tried talking to them about their clinginess before, to which they just reply that it's the way they are. I'm kind of at a loss of what to do at this point, help. ?

Remind me when a guy told me he would commit suicide if I refuse to be his girlfriend... We were 18 at that time, so I talk about this to his mother and never talked to him again.

I suggest you have a serious discussion with them about how you feel, and about where your relationship is going. And if they refuse to understand, to leave. You don't have to say in a relationship that makes yourself uncorftable. If you are worried they'll do something to themselves, you can talk about it to people who are close to them to ask them to be aware, be sure they have someone to support them and talk to them, or find another way to help them feeling better without you being involved, so they won't be alone.

But that kind of relationship isn't healthy for everyone. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived