Aro/Aces' in the Washington/Oregon area?

• 3 weeks later...

It's just called "Seattle Ace's". They have meetups all around the Seattle area, but I find that the ones where you're most likely to meet other aro's are the monthly discussion groups at the Gay City auditorium in Capitol Hill.

Here's their website http://www.seattleaces.org/

They also have facebook and meet up if you want to find them there! 

I'm from Poulsbo, WA specifically. A little too much of a schlep to get to the Seattle Ace's meetings. They're the only ace group near me. I tried to create one for Kitsap county, but no one showed up offline. It'd be great to meet fellow aros, too. 

2 hours ago, anzu2snow said:

I'm from Poulsbo, WA specifically. A little too much of a schlep to get to the Seattle Ace's meetings. They're the only ace group near me. I tried to create one for Kitsap county, but no one showed up offline. It'd be great to meet fellow aros, too. 

Dang, im from Eugene OR, but i was born and raised in Davenport, WA, down next to spokane! it would be great too meet more people around the area though.

@anzu2snow I wonder if you could start a Seattle and Surrounding Ace's group up in Poulsbo. I know they do meet ups in Kenmore and Bellevue too, and if you're associated with them then your group would get promoted on their meetup and facebook. I don't know who you would contact about that though. Maybe redbeardace on tumblr? 

@evelyn it looks like there's an ace meetup group in Portland that might be closer to you. I've never been to their events (I'm from Seattle) so Idk how many aros would be there but here's a link to their meet up page 

I created a group on facebook. A group focusing on all of Kitsap county. (Huge area.) I first called it Kitsap Aces, but switched to Kitsap Asexuals soon after. It was getting confused with ACES, which is a sex-positive kink group (if I remember correctly). Seattle is actually further away than it might seem, and they already have a group called Seattle Aces. (Wonder if they ever get confused with that, too...) I felt there needed to be something on this side of the water. Not everything should be over in Seattle or associated with it. I also contacted Seattle Aces, and they helped promote it, but didn’t do much else. There were a few people in that group that joined the Kitsap one as well. After some polling as to where/when we wanted to meet offline, I started the offline one of the same name. Only a friend I knew from before, who interestingly is demi, and my parent showed up. Most of the time that friend wasn’t there. I had reminders and such, and waited for close to a year. It never went anywhere. Only a couple other people posted on the online group besides me, and that was rare. I even put flyers up advertizing the group at Pride. Put them up at cafes around the county, too. Kitsap Pride tried helping a bit with it. But...again, the group was never active. I looked at creating a Meet Up group, but it costs. I’m not paying for something that may or might not work like that. The group could have agreed to that and pooled money or something. I also asked if we needed a different location or maybe even have it at my house, but nothing. So...it’s not like I haven’t tried, or I didn’t reach out to Seattle Aces. (Yes, I even talked to redbeardace.) I had so many ideas for the group. I really do want to meet more aces and aros locally. Sorry if I seem a little...irritated (is that the right word?) about it.

• 2 months later...

I made another thread about this but i'm trying to get an aro group started for the west coast i am currently in eugene but i'm able to meetup in portland and possibly seattle. if anyone is interested in starting a west coast aro group with me that would be great. on top of meeting in eugene or portland.

Archived