Hi :)

cierrajasminej

Hiya everyone! Ok, so I'm not really sure if I belong here or not yet. I was on AVEN since like, April, but I honestly have no clue about who I am, or at least who I like. I started thinking I might be aro a little while back? Basically, because heteronormativity (and wow, anything that happens "because heteronormativity" is probably not a good thing), I obviously assumed I was straight, but "stunted", like a late bloomer. Then I decided I must be Demisexual/Demiromantic, because I've never been attracted to someone except for like, purely platonic "I want to friend that person". I researched into it, but found all that nonsense about Demi- being a "special snowflake" thing, and went back to being straight. Then I joined AVEN, and decided I'm heteroromantic and possibly on the ace spectrum. Unfortunately, I stumbled into a lot of ace/aro discourse around this time, and didn't like not being "normal". Overall, I still don't know where I fall on my sexuality or romantic attractions, but I may or may not be aro/ace? I'm like 18 years old now, so I guess I could be like a really late bloomer, but that's becoming more and more unlikely by the day. Still sort of trying to figure things out, so here I am I guess.

Archived