My significant other is a sex worker

Guest 1cd16...592

Question

Guest 1cd16...592

So this is a bit of a complicated one. A friend I've known for a long time started staying with me a few months back. We had just both come out of rough relationships and connected instantly as best friends. Finish each others sentences, know what each other was thinking etc. Some how the topic of prostitution came up and she said I could do that, I need to make some good money for once in my life. I was unemployed at the time as the prior relationship had cost me my job and i was getting my place ready to sell and move away. She said she didnt want me to go back to work, we agreed to do this 50/50 and she would take care of me.

Now by 50/50 I mean she does the actual acts of course, my role is to drive her to and from clients, enforce if necessary, handle the books, the online marketing and advertising, and I also screen the clients when they text in, so she just has to focus on what she does. Obviously some of this is uncomfortable to me, and we both dislike it when it comes down to it, but we agreed we would do this for each other as we both have important obligations to us and we both have a past with criminal records from a long time ago (over 5 years) and she hasnt finished her high school. I have a university degree, but a stupid mistake cost me any kind of future in my field. So getting 2 regular paying jobs that would hire people with prior convictions just would not cover what we need it to.

Well right before the work actually started, we started dating each other and are now in a relationship. It's difficult as all hell sending your gf that you love out of the car every time, but we always remind ourselves that we are doing this for us, so we can have a better life. She always told me that she couldn't be on my end and that sitting there knowing what I was doing while I was gone would be a deal breaker and relationship ender for her. I guess thats where my question starts.. Is that a fair statement? If she feels so strongly about it, how is she able to do her part but couldnt do mine?

Today another situation arose that has me stumped. A couple was looking for her company to entertain them for a few hours. No big deal. I asked her if she was willing to do that, she agreed we discussed the rate and then I got back to the client. A little while later curiosity was getting the better of me and I asked, so are you willing to do things in our relationship that you do while you are at work? This caused her to be greatly upset, and her answer was there is no way I could watch my man fuck another woman. (As I am thinking to myself but I have to endure knowing what you are doing almost every day with other men?) Is that something that is acceptable? I dont even want to say fair, as I think she sees it as me and another woman against her, but its not. I want us as a team to explore things for us and our sexuality as a couple. As a side note I guess I should say we did have a 3some with another woman before we started officially dating, and it wasnt a big deal. But now that we are a couple she sees it as one. Am i wrong  when I think this is completely ridiculous and ass backwards?

One last thing, sometimes when we fight it gets nasty. If the topic of work comes up she says all I do is drive her to and from, when I feel like I do a lot. Sitting there having to endure what she is doing alone with nothing but my thoughts is taxing enough and when she says things like that I feel like it cheapens me and what I have to go through everytime. If she couldnt do it then how can she say things like Im just a driver and do nothing else? When we are good she apologizes and says she doesnt mean it, but it has come up more than once, and is  hurtful.

For anyone who chooses to comment, please have an open mind going into this, I know what we both do, and while not ideal, is getting us by for now. Thanks

Anonymous poster hash: 1cd16...592

3 answers to this question

Guest 79959...83c

It sounds to me that you guys are having relationship troubles. I would definitely say she's being unfair considering what you have to endure with her having sex with others. If you endure this every day, but she can't seem to handle it even once, she has no right to belittle your efforts.

I hope I have helped in some way. If not, please feel free to ask further questions.

Anonymous poster hash: 79959...83c

Guest Chandrakirti

Plus, depending on where you live, you could fall foul of pimping laws if you drive her there and back.

I'm sorry you're in that situation, but I'm confused as to what this has to do with aromanticism..? You might be better off getting advice on sites specifically about sex work.

Oh wait, this thread is super old huh... Hkjfghkhdfg f

• Like 2