I have a lush on my friend

mika-mok

I have a pretty strong lush on my friend and am worried that he’ll think it’s weird. Should i tell him? If so, what do I say?

also,,, why does my brain decide,, « it doesn’t matter if u have other friends who already cuddle with u u need t h is  o n e »

14 hours ago, mika-mok said:

@Spirit of God I do want to tell him, becuase he is generally pretty educated and rational on these topics. Im just worried that if he isnt into it we will stop talking all together

If he's educated and rational, I don't see why he'd stop talking to you altogether. I mean, rationally speaking, if he knows you're romantically and/or sexually and/or sensually inclined towards males (assuming he identifies as such), then I'm sure he'd understand how you feel. I hope I have helped in some way.

• 7 months later...

I think I'm starting to have a lush on my friend who is probably the most accepting student I go to school with. I sort of feel like I should tell her about it but I'm a little worried it will create weird feelings between us and I really don't want to lose her as a friend since there are so few people who seem as understanding and supportive of my aromanticism as her. I also don't have a lot of experience being sexually attracted to people as I think I am gray-ace or demi. Does anyone have any advice for how to handle this?

Archived