Voltron without the romance discussion anyone?

David Box

It's mildly annoying to not be able to walk into my favorite social media sites and enjoy content without there being tons and tons of shipping. I know it's a bad site in general but Tumblr is, unfortunately, great for my ADHD except for the "having enough self control to get off tumblr and stay off it," and I recently blocked all the tags shipping Shiro with the paladins, plus Klance. Most posts on voltron blogs are blocked :-)))). 

So, anyone up for discussing Voltron without any romance at all? No "here's why this ship is going to be canon" unless that ship being canon or not will affect the overall plot of "space fighters fight aliens in space"? 

(I want to mention that I have no problem if someone ships anything. Personally, I sort of ship (really it's more like platonic ships) some characters and can think some romance is cute, but I'm really more into talking about how great of a character Hunk is and theories about what's going to happen next than seeing much romance in the actual Voltron show (seriously where the hell are people getting the ideas for all these ships I don't understand). You do you, and I'm doing me)

4 hours ago, David Box said:

So, anyone up for discussing Voltron without any romance at all?

Yes please! I love Voltron, but it was also the show I was watching when I really became comfortable with being aro and ace so I have a lot of aro/ace headcanons. Except I have only seen up to the end of season 3 as I don't have Netflix so I can't discuss the later seasons, sorry. I agree with you that it's really annoying that a show with very little romance has so much of it in the fandom.

PS. My favourite Voltron ship is probably the Castle of the lions

6 hours ago, WaterPhoenix said:

Yes please! I love Voltron, but it was also the show I was watching when I really became comfortable with being aro and ace so I have a lot of aro/ace headcanons. Except I have only seen up to the end of season 3 as I don't have Netflix so I can't discuss the later seasons, sorry. I agree with you that it's really annoying that a show with very little romance has so much of it in the fandom.

PS. My favourite Voltron ship is probably the Castle of the lions

that's alright! season 2 was one of my favorite seasons anyhow, I don't mind. I think Keith as aroace (or at least aro, honestly it's a show meant for a younger age group so technically the only people not ace are parents thanks to younger audience appropriate broadcasting lol), but really most anyone is sans possible romantic partner. 

My favorite voltron ship is either the Castle of Lions or some of the Galra ships. That purple futurisitic aestetic is 10/10

Archived