Heya, I'm New Here

Heya! I'm pretty sure I'm aro/ace, but I'm having doubts on whether or not I may be quoiromantic. I'm from the Philippines, and I'm relatively young so I'm kinda holding off before I fully decide on my romantic/sexual orientation.

As far as I can remember, I've never had an actual crush. The closest thing I had to a crush was a girl in third grade, where I just said, "Yeah, she's my crush". She didn't know, but when she found out she just said "Okay.", and so did I. Anyway, I've never really felt anything romantic towards anyone, and my parents think it's just because I have a high standard (and maybe I might, y'never know), but like... none of the girls (or guys) interest me in that way?? I'm also kinda confused because while I'm not attracted to people romantically, I'm... attracted to guys, but non-romantically. I dunno. I just wanna hug them or lean my head on their shoulders. I like touching, I guess. I'm okay with romance, but just not when people try to get romantic with me. I'm okay with the idea of sex, just not the idea of sex with me, if that makes sense.  I want to come out to my family, but I'm kinda scared because A.) the "you're too young to know that" argument, B.) my mother said that she might not accept me if I wasn't straight and that was enough to make me worry.

Anyway, it's nice to finally know what Aro/Ace is, as it helped with my internal "Is everyone here just unattractive or am I too picky" debate, as well as validating my feelings about not wanting to be in a romantic nor sexual relationship, but just having a close bond with someone. That's all, I guess. See ya when I see ya!

@SpringlockedSpectre Hello! Welcome to Arocalypse! There's an infinite amount of :aroicecream: here, so feel free to take as much as you want!

On 8/20/2018 at 10:50 AM, SpringlockedSpectre said:

I'm... attracted to guys, but non-romantically. I dunno. I just wanna hug them or lean my head on their shoulders. I like touching, I guess.

This is sensual attraction. You might be homosensual.

Archived