New aroflux member here~

Powder

Hiya! I'm Tath/Tati; calling me Powder is also fine.

I decided to register because I really feel like I should engage more with the aro community. Especially since I've already engaged with bi and ace communities irl. >_>

I'm a nonvirmina, demisexual and aroflux. I also identify as queer, m-spec and diamoric. I've been identifying as asexual for around 8 years now, and as demisexual for around 6 years. However, even though looking back I don't think I was ever not aroflux, I have only started identifying as such for... around 2 years, I think. Maybe less.

I help run http://orientando.org, a site dedicated to bringing updated information regarding the LGBTQIAPN+ community to Portuguese-speaking spaces, and http://colorid.es, a Mastodon instance focused on Portuguese-speaking queer/LGBTQIAPN+ people (although we also have our rules written in English and don't mind people speaking other languages there). My personal Mastodon account is here, though.

I was previously a mod at Ask Pride Color Schemes, and I know a lot about gender and orientation labels. I like talking about that, so don't hesitate about asking for help (as long as you are not just asking me something easily searchable)!

Other interests of mine include gaming (including board games), photography, fashion and vexillology (flag studies).

English is not my first language, so sorry (possibly in advance) for any instances of broken English. I don't mind tips too!

Hi Tath! Welcome! Nice to see a fellow aroflux :) Your English is excellent, by the way. It's cool that you're involved in so many things and I think I can say we're all happy to have you here in this community

Hello! I am surprised no one has offered you an aro-colour-scheme icecream emoji yet :aroicecream::aroicecream: 

I think it is great you linked those terms, I certainly needed definitions and I didn't know that group existed on DA. Thank you for the info!

Hopefully you can find some interesting things on the forums :) 

Hi, so cool that you are brazilian. Eu também sou hahaha. Aromanticism is a very difficult topic for me. That's a new thing that a recently discover about myself. And changes, at a beginning, are hard to know what to do and how to deal with than. But I hope that someday I will be "ok" with that, after all, is who I am. (Sorry for my bad english guys haha) 

20 hours ago, Apathetic Echidna said:

Hello! I am surprised no one has offered you an aro-colour-scheme icecream emoji yet :aroicecream::aroicecream: 

I think it is great you linked those terms, I certainly needed definitions and I didn't know that group existed on DA. Thank you for the info!

Hopefully you can find some interesting things on the forums :) 

Oooh, nice! It hasn't even crossed my mind to check the emoticon list until now. :aropride:

You're welcome! And thanks!

20 hours ago, Luizaprt said:

Hi, so cool that you are brazilian. Eu também sou hahaha. Aromanticism is a very difficult topic for me. That's a new thing that a recently discover about myself. And changes, at a beginning, are hard to know what to do and how to deal with than. But I hope that someday I will be "ok" with that, after all, is who I am. (Sorry for my bad english guys haha) 

Ooh, nice! Se você se interessar, talvez seja legal ao menos passar no fórum do Orientando, ou em nosso Discord, ou talvez até mesmo na colorid.es, se você tem interesse em redes sociais estilo Twitter também. ^^

(Por acaso, no nosso Discord uma boa parte do grupo pode ser considerada dentro do espectro arromântico. @_@)

{Translation for mods:

Ooh, nice! If you are interested, maybe it would be cool to at least take a look at Orientando's forums, or Discord [group], or maybe even at colorid.es, if you are interested in Twitter-style social media too. ^^

(Incidentally, a good chunk of our Discord group may be considered aro-spec. @_@)

Further context: Aro-friendly LGBTQIAPN+ spaces are pretty hard to find in the lusosphere. Heck, as far as I know, the only aro-focused space is a FB group with 100-200 members owned by an aroace guy who denies that aromantic can be called an orientation, because to him only certain sexual orientations can be orientations. }

Archived