I'm so happy this site exists! Hey!

Hi! You can call me Val! I'm 23, in college and super happy I discovered these forums! So for a couple of weeks I had been deliberating over my romantic orientation because that shit is complicated. I knew I was ace but I had never thought I was aromantic because I thought I had had crushes before. I found myself wishing I could just put on a helmet device that would tell me what I am, very YA dystopian of me. 

But unfortunately my brain had to figure all that complicated shit out on its own because I didn't know this site was a thing. But anyways eventually I arrived to the conclusion that I'm probably aromantic (and all those things I used to think of as crushes? They were probably squishes heh). I saw on the list of romantic orientations one that seemed comfortable for me: alterous! I've never thought of being in a relationship with a woman so I'm probably androalterous but I like the flexibility alterous seems to grant me! 

Anyways I'm happy I'm here now and ready to meet people who feel similar! 

Welcome! Yeah, those warm fuzzies you feel when you finally find some word that you connect with are the best :) 

On 5/21/2018 at 12:04 PM, snapesonalane said:

I've never thought of being in a relationship with a woman so I'm probably androalterous but I like the flexibility alterous seems to grant me! 

This is great! I do the same thing, not for flexibility but more like I enjoy people being even more confused by my different labels ?

14 hours ago, Apathetic Echidna said:

Welcome! Yeah, those warm fuzzies you feel when you finally find some word that you connect with are the best :) 

This is great! I do the same thing, not for flexibility but more like I enjoy people being even more confused by my different labels ?

Lol yes ! Back when I just identified as ace I never considered coming out as ace. I guess now I get it's because I wasn't just ace. Now that I know I'm aro/alterous I feel like I finally have the words and concepts to explain how I feel! But yes all the labels are complex and I'm sure it's gonna be very confusing to the people I decide to tell ??

Archived